BTDT Moms: Postpartum stretch marks.. post weightloss

Options
I am mom to 4 kids.. and have found a rhythm and plan to losing weight that works with my body.. I feel determined and confident in losing the weight. I do have a concern though. My abdominal and hip stretchmarks.. theyre faded but thick.. and anyway. Do I ever have hope of my skin being tighter and smoother?? Or will it just be.. wrinkly? I'm sorry.. I know its vain but are there any brave women who have before and after pics... I want to be thin.. but if being too thin means really wrinkly then maybe I'll just stick to getting down to the overweight category.. idk.. help 😖

Replies

• puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    The stretch marks are permanent. But they may fade more over time and become somewhat tighter. However, that will depend a lot on your genetics. Many of us suffer some form of vanity, but I wouldn't let this be excuse to keep you from reaching a goal weight that you and possibly your doctor determine to be healthy.
  • solegmnz89
    solegmnz89 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    If you put down weight really slowly, that should prevent skin from losing its current quality. Have you tried? If you want we can keep in touch to update each other. I am also putting down weight in the hope they reduce in size