FTW

Options
Note: FTW = For The Win

I came to this realization that I'm simply disgustingly fat. All straight through college, I couldn't weigh more than 110 pounds (I'm a 5' 3" guy) if I tried. After college, it creeped up... 135 pounds... ok, actually probably better, but that's IT. 145... 155... Ultimately, I found myself at 175 lbs on a 5'3" body, and it's simply not attractive; not healthy. I remember as a kid seeing my dad wheeze after 6 seconds of strain, and I thought to myself that I'd never let myself get that bad. Well, I've been on a downward slope for over 10 years. What's more, is I now have a 2-month old to be an example for. So I'm doing it for him, I'm doing it for me, I'm doing it for my wife... I'm doing it FTW.

Replies

• keepkickingbutt
    keepkickingbutt Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Legend. :)
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I hope you find this community as supportive as I have. Feel free to add me as a friend, if you're looking fore encouragement along the way.
  • hooma
    hooma Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    #winning!
  • 1FineFaye84
    1FineFaye84 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    You CAN do it! :)
  • crystal_loga
    crystal_loga Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    You need to print that, and put it somewhere and read it daily. Keeping your mind on the words you just wrote, there's no way you'll fail at this! That's inspiration at its best!! =D
  • gallie46
    Options
    Welcome ... this my second time ... I lost around 40lbs had double knee replacement & gained 15 of it back ... so here I am again ...stay with it ... one day at a time.
    good luck
    :smile:
  • Brook70
    Brook70 Posts: 164
    Options
    This is the best support system anyone could ask for. I LOVE this website. Good Luck in your journey.