First "Milestone"

cpnknight
cpnknight Posts: 200 Member
On 7th July 2020 I stepped on the scales and was horrified to see the display showing 353 lbs (25st 3lbs).
I had no idea that I had put on so much weight.
That was it, the moment I decided that my self neglect had gone far enough!
The next day I reset my old MFP account to the current situation and determined to make the necessary adjustments and sacrifices needed to bring me back to the way I was when I first met my missus.
Many of my friends and family scoffed at me. After all, I had tried to lose weight so many times before. This time I was determined that things would be different.
The goal then was to go from 353 lbs down to 196 lbs.....A massive task!
I set myself small 1 or 2 week goals and also some larger "milestones". The first of these milestones was to bring my weight below 300 lbs by 3rd January 2021. I was aiming for a loss rate of about 2 lbs a week but told myself that any loss at all was still a step in the right direction.
I made a graph sheet so that I would have a regular visual update of my progress. Filling this in after every Sunday's weigh in kept me focussed on the goal. Even though I am the only one trying to lose weight, I got the rest of the household to weigh in at the same time, anything to keep things regular and keep me very accountable.
I have missed some of my small targets, I have smashed others. I have succumbed to temptation and I have refused it's siren's song.
No food was off limits but everything had to be "paid for" out of the calorie budget.

As stated, I started at 353 lbs, this mornings weigh in showed the scales at 299 lbs....
To date I have lost 54 lbs, which is awesome, I have also passed my first milestone point, a month ahead of schedule.
I still have a very long way to go, over 100 lbs to be lost. Friends and family no longer scoff at my endeavours.
I am about a third of the way through this "Battle of the Bulge" but I will succeed!

Replies

• frida001
    frida001 Posts: 437 Member
    BRAVO!!!!!!
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,537 Member
    Hell to the yeah!! This is so awesome!

With determination like this, you have no choice BUT to succeed!
  • funkim55
    funkim55 Posts: 216 Member
    COONGRAATULATIONS!!
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    That is awesome! Keep this going: you can do it.
  • kiran6002
    kiran6002 Posts: 52 Member
    Yes, you have the inner drive to absolutely hot your goals and achieve all that you want. Amazing progress so far and pls do not give up but keep smashing your way through to the very end!!! So inspiring to hear your story thus far 🥳🥳🥳
  • benjaminlight
    benjaminlight Posts: 78 Member
    NICE WORK! I can see my first milestone - it's so close. 305.2 this morning.

You and I are on similar trajectories - I weighed in at 346 at the end of August, decided the same. Even our goal weights are similar. Going to send a friend request.
  • Fflpnari
    Fflpnari Posts: 975 Member
    amazing work!!!
  • rachelleahsmom
    rachelleahsmom Posts: 442 Member
    Yay, you!
  • Chooklet57
    Chooklet57 Posts: 43 Member
    Good on you- Keep smashing away!
  • RenoStig
    RenoStig Posts: 34 Member
    Congrats on your first huge milestone, keep it up!
  • MrFourex
    MrFourex Posts: 2 Member
    Just completed 100 days in a row !! B):* ....and to celebrate, I had a few drinks.
    "Gentleman Jack" put me on a 2 day bender.

Anyway, :/ ..... I'm now on day 2 of my next log in streak. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!