Long time, no see ;)

Returning after a bit of a hiatus. I've gotten pretty good at maintenance without logging, but am interested in toning up and getting fitter. Also interested in adding friends to keep me motivated and coming back.

Replies

• ecjim
    ecjim Posts: 1,001 Member
    edited November 2020
    Hi -Welcome back - Do you have an exercise plan ? maybe lifting weights ?
  • missblondi2u
    missblondi2u Posts: 851 Member
    edited November 2020
    Hi there! Right now I'm doing the beginner body weight circuit from Nerd Fitness. I really need to find some good core exercises that I don't hate.
  • ecjim
    I just looked it up - It looks like a good place to start - Do you have access to weights barbells or maybe dumbbells?
  • missblondi2u
    I have a couple of 10 and 15 pound dumbbells in my closet, but I really don't enjoy being in a gym. It would be nice to find some kind of outside activity that would keep me motivated.
  • ecjim
    OK with those dumbbells look at goblet squat, dumbell clean and press, dumbell row, overhead press, floor press, curls, Romanian deadlift. You can look at Starting Strength, and Strong curves for a program template.
    Is the temperature dropping down there? We just had a cold front go through here.
  • missblondi2u
    We're in the high 70s, which is cool for SW FL :)
  • Hiker_Rob
    Hiker_Rob Posts: 5,547 Member
    Just back after a looooong break as well Feel free to add me, just building up the friend base again :-)
  • ecjim
    We're in the high 70s, which is cool for SW FL :)

I'm in Lake Wales - 2-3 hours north - the temp is fixin to drop