Third Times The Charm

Good Afternoon. I'm not new to my fitness pal, I have actually used this app many, many times. I turn 40 on June 2, 2021 and I'm trying to kick my forties off with a bang by going from 293 to 188 by then. I know I can do it because I have done it before. It's just harder now because I'm getting older. I just want to say hello and to say that all help and criticism will be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• PremGandhi
    PremGandhi Posts: 115 Member
    Oh man, this must frustrating to gain it back after loosing. Good luck sir, I am in no position to advice you..
  • MissesEss
    MissesEss Posts: 1 Member
    I get it! I'm headed down that path again, too. Happy hard work!
  • TheChunkyJawa
    TheChunkyJawa Posts: 18 Member
    Welcome back. I am also a returning user, hitting 35 next month, and working to lose 200+.
  • ecjim
    ecjim Posts: 1,001 Member
    Keep after it - do you have a plan in place?
  • RiaChasingGoals
    RiaChasingGoals Posts: 136 Member
    Hello. I am in the same boat. Not new to MFP, used it very successfully in the past, losing 40lbs. I then stopped logging, followed by working out less and less frequently and now find myself back at square one. This time 6 years older. No matter, we got this. Like you said, we did it one before, we can do it again. Good luck in your future weight loss.
  • D4NGmfp
    D4NGmfp Posts: 6 Member
    TMcCoy241 wrote: »
    Good Afternoon. I'm not new to my fitness pal, I have actually used this app many, many times. I turn 40 on June 2, 2021 and I'm trying to kick my forties off with a bang by going from 293 to 188 by then. I know I can do it because I have done it before. It's just harder now because I'm getting older. I just want to say hello and to say that all help and criticism will be greatly appreciated.

I hit 40 in November and just trying to maintain weight is hard enough. All the best with your goal. I'm sure you'll smash it with the support on here.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    It isn't that you're older. You're just tired of doing it again. I thought age had to do with my weigh loss troubles.. but it was willpower. When you've done it a few times.. you lose the gumption.

However, thank God. mine reappeared one day. It will for you too...and you will lose..just like 10 years ago ... you just have to do the work. You can do it!