Almost 32 and I'm over my recent weight gain

Options
snarkybears
snarkybears Posts: 6 Member
edited December 2020 in Introduce Yourself
I have gained nearly 30 lbs in 2 years. My goal is to lose 42 lbs. My weight increase started when my dad passed away. I used grief as an excuse to eat and a knee injury was my excuse to quit exercising. Then what really added the pounds was being pregnant and then losing the baby. Cue acute depression and binge eating. Oh, and Thanksgiving didn't help. Well I'll be 32 in December, I want to have a baby in 2021 and I don't want to go into my pregnancy without losing at least 25 lbs of my 42 lbs goal. I have no support in this and would love some friends on here to encourage and support. I can also be a wonderful support to you because weight loss coding was my profession for over 3 years! I was great at it (for others, not myself).

Add me, message me. Whatever works. Maybe I can get a few people to start a text group if anyone is interested.

Replies

• PaintedPlay
    PaintedPlay Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the community and hugs!!
  • oneillp302
    oneillp302 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have had a knee injury and getting back to the gym and being active again is really tough!
  • Isabelisik
    Isabelisik Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello @snarkybears !
    I am so sorry for your lost :( I didnt lose anyone but I have a very similar story! 4-5 years ago I was getting ready to enter bikini competiton (small, local one, but still..), then something awful happened in my personal life. After that binge drinking and eating started. For the last 1-2 years whenever I tried to get fit and healthy, I always found an excuse for binging again (esp drinking)... and tried to start over again. However, this time I am so sure of myself.
    So anyways, I am adding you, I think we can support each other :smile:
  • snarkybears
    snarkybears Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Its funny how bingeing always seems easier to people, especially with alcohol. It seems more fun. Our defense mechanism says to us "hey, instead of processing through something, let's just forget about it". It lies. It ends up being on our mind even more. Now cue the shame and self loathing. And now our brain's deception kicks in again and we punish ourselves through drinking/eating because we think its comforting when, in fact, it is just comfortable.

But now think of your hurt as being fueled by those things that are your vices. That could be things like food, alcohol, drugs, laziness, self pity, unhealthy relationships, etc. Now, bring those vices to light, say it out loud, and tell it to go F itself while you laugh your way all the way to your goal. "Hahaha, [insert vice here], you don't control me. I choose my path and it doesn't include you!".

YOU GOT THIS.
    YOU NEED THIS.
    AND YOU WILL DO THIS.
    LET'S GO!

and if you falter, remember its only a hiccup. This is not an all-or-nothing journey. Take a beat, compose your thoughts, remind yourself you are not a failure, but you do make mistakes and that's okay because...

YOU GOT THIS.
    YOU NEED THIS.
    AND YOU WILL DO THIS.
    LET'S GO!