Reality Check!!

Options
O.k. so I'm not 20 years old anymore, I'm 32..
O.k. so I can't eat like I used too because I'm not as fit anymore..
O.k. being a mother, wife and full time student keeps me super busy; but I can't make anymore excuses...

Reality Check!!

I need to watch what I eat...
I've got to be more productive...
I've got to start looking out for me.... Because even though my husband says that I'm doing good; he's not the one that exercises for me or makes me eat what I eat....

Sometimes I feel as though I'm never going to make it to my goal.. I've been there and tried so many diets and I always end up failing myself.. But with support from my best friend (Love you Theresa) and my new found friends here on My FItness Pal; I feel super motivated and I can't wait to see the new me in the months to come... I'm setting small goals; not HUGE unrealistic goals.. I want to try and just drop one pant size; fit into a Large size shirt instead of an XLarge shirt.. I want to be able to see just 2 chins instead of 3.. I mean seriously.... Little goals.. And I know that I can do this!!!

Reality Check!!

I gained weight for years; so I need to remember it's going to take time to shed them off....

*WE CAN DO THIS - YES WE CAN!*

Replies

• mandemonious
    mandemonious Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Best to check yourself before you wreck yourself, right? Great attitude and perspective. All so true! Best to you in your journey. Add me if you want more friends along the way!
  • daram05
    Options
    Your post was and is so motivational. Thanks for sharing your reality check moment with us. I think it re-focused me and my mini-goals!
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    yep.....no doubt in my mind!
    WE CAN AND WILL DO THIS!!!! :drinker:
    (may take us alittle longer.....but we will get this done....for ourselves) =)
  • StormyLlewellyn
    Options
    1 stinking pound a week is 56 pounds a year!!!
    1 step is the begining to any journey...
    It is hard but we can all acomplish great things when we work together....
  • phatsoslim
    phatsoslim Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    You have taken the first step on your journey to a healthier YOU. Good for you! You can do this. Reality bites sometimes but we can change it and by doing a reality check is the first thing to do in order to make that change happen. When I first started on MFP I entered my weight and found out that I was OBESE. Talk about a reality check. I am proud to say that I am no longer OBESE anymore, I am only overweight, (for now). I am at the halfway point of the overweight class in the BMI. Focus and fun have been there for me, as well as all my MFP friends. In the time that I have been on MFP, just over 3 months I have lost 22 lbs and around 16 inches. I turned 40 this summer and I feel better than ever.

You can do it!!!!
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    1 stinking pound a week is 56 pounds a year!!!
    1 step is the begining to any journey...
    It is hard but we can all acomplish great things when we work together....

I love your way of thinking!!!! :bigsmile:
  • tmb212000
    Options
    I love you so much! Even though we are far apart, this is one thing we can do together and succeed!! Our time is now <3
  • sweetbetsy79
    Options
    Yes we can do this together =) Can't wait to see your skinny butt next year =)