Newcomer-Disappointment

I have joined MFP today to try the app before commiting to Premium membership.
This maybe an old repetitive finding but I cannot sync MFP with Google fit. They are both visible (as connected) in the apps and indeed my xiaomi fitness band works with Fit (irony right there). No shared data can be found in either MFP or Fit app. I have emptied caches and force stopped MFP and Fit and reopened to no avail.

This is really making me look elsewhere for a nutrition app and as a first impression doesn't look good. Can anyone help?

Replies

• Talan79
    Talan79 Posts: 782 Member
    I’m using Carbon, an app created by Layne Norton. It doesn’t connect to trackers. It does have an algorithm built in that acts as a virtual coach. I like it much better than MFP and I’ve been using this app since 2014 to track and meal plan. It’s a paid app, you can do monthly or you can do 6 months or one year.
  • lukejoycePT
    lukejoycePT Posts: 182 Member
    I agree with Talan79 Carbon is way better than MFP. It's worth the money over MFP as you actually get coached in the app
  • DeniseSalsera
    DeniseSalsera Posts: 15 Member
    I have the same issue, so i use Samsung to sync with mfp
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    edited December 2020
    I agree with Talan79 Carbon is way better than MFP. It's worth the money over MFP as you actually get coached in the app

If one wants to be coached, that might be worth the money. On the whole I think MFP appeals to many who want to track food and maybe exercise and don't have an interest in coaching from an app.

On the other hand, MFP can be quite buggy, which might explain OP's syncing issue.
  • durhammfp
    durhammfp Posts: 493 Member
    edited December 2020
    Google Fit used to work pretty well with MFP but several months ago it got really glitchy and inconsistent so I stopped using it. Now I use Pacer to track the runs/walks that I want to add to my exercise data. Pacer will sync with MFP, and it is free but 1) I use it only for walking/running and 2) I have to remember to activate the GPS each time. It does not run in the background like Fit used to.

ETA: I have used MFP for a few years now, have lost 49 lbs and maintained that loss, and I have never paid for the premium MFP. IMO the premium membership is not necessary.