Is eating 1300 calories safe?

Options
Today I ate 1300 calories. I am 5'3 and around 190 lbs and I feel full, but I just want to make sure my calorie intake today is safe and won't hurt me.

Replies

• timmyemofurry
    timmyemofurry Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm female, but thank you!
  • natasor1
    natasor1 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I ve seen the picture of hadsa tribe in Africa, splitting 1 grilled sparow bird for 6 people, men. And it was not dangerous. They eat this style all the time and looked very healthy
  • lisachmitchell
    lisachmitchell Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I try to eat less than 1200. Or I start to gain weight. 5’1” and 52 years old...
  • globalc00
    globalc00 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    To answer your question of if 1300 calories is safe, I would need to know what makes up your 1300 calories and what safe means to you. If safe = healthy, then 1300 calories of sugar would not be safe. If your 1300 calories consist of all the recomended macronutrients/micronutrietns/vitamins recommendation per day for you, then yes it is safe.
  • B_Plus_Effort
    B_Plus_Effort Posts: 311 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    so we know you are female and overweight, not being rude just eyeballing so yes you can eat less than 1,300 calories (assuming healthy otherwise) I'm 6' and was 202 and would eat less than 1,200 and My Fitness Pal would complain I am not eating enough yet I was full, rested, and energetic

Also keep in mind you are cutting calories during your weight loss period and not forever, I know the latest buzz word is not a diet but a "life style" blah blah blah but face it let's be realistic, you will loose the weight and then you will maintain

if you don't know anything about Macros (pronounced: protein, fat, and carbs) ha ha then learn a bit about them because all calories were not created equal, two twin 5' 3" girls (see what I did there) can eat 1,300 calories and one will be slim the other one fat provided their Macros are off

[this is just an EXAMPLE please don't crucify me for it]

Girl 1 Eats / Day = 200 calories from protein, 200 calories from carbs, 800 calories from fat

Girl 2 Eats / Day = 400 calories from protein, 400 calories from carbs, 400 calories from fat

I recently learned a few rules of thumb worth sharing, try to keep your Carbs under 150 grams (not calories) per day (we as Americans (United Statesians) can consume 3 times that in a day, not good)

Pay attention to your protein intake and keep it high, word on the street is protein is harder to digest than carbs/fats so it makes the body work for it, resulting in feeling full longer plus other benefits

hope this help, I know it's a lot to gnaw on
  • PaintedPlay
    PaintedPlay Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    If you feel good, satisfied , and it doesn’t cause a dramatic drop in energy you should be fine. Just watch your energy levels and pay attention to your health.

One of the difficult things with a low cal diet is consuming enough essential vitamins and minerals. First thing to suffer if these levels are low is energy the second is the ability to quick overcome small colds.

If you begin to have these problems just check with your GP and let them know your Concerns
  • deputy_randolph
    deputy_randolph Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    One day of eating 1300 calories won't hurt you....just like one day of eating 3300 calories won't hurt you.

Behavior becomes problematic when not-so-great behaviors become habitual.