Hi Everyone.

Options
Well i just made my account. I have had programs like this before but never stuck to it. I am a college student trying to get fit. I want to loose 40 pounds by the time summer comes around. I am hoping with support from people on here i can make my goal not just a dream but a reality.

Replies

• sandywack
    sandywack Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP..........I personally think the online tracker is very helpful.
  • afigueroa_pr
    Options
    Welcome to MFP.
    Calorie tracking and regular exercise are the key to a healthy lifestyle.
    Keep in touch and let us know how you're doing!
  • cedarhurst2006
    cedarhurst2006 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Welcome - I think you will find this extremely helpful!
  • Lizzy_Sunflower
    Lizzy_Sunflower Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

I am sure you will find the support and tools to be a success... you can find a wealth of information here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/23912-links-in-mfp-you-want-to-read-again-and-again

I particularly like the one titled your bodies thoughts on calories

Good luck on your journey and happy reading!

:drinker:
  • maddythorn
    maddythorn Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the program....with this tracker it will help you get on your way to a smaller healthier you. Just stick with it. Its makes me accountable to what I eat.
  • sanjaccheer1
    Options
    Well it has been 4 months. I have now lost a total of 24 pounds and lost 2 dress sizes. I went to Davids bridal to do to get my brides maid dress for my brothers wedding. Already had been excited about dropping one size my assistant gave me a 12 to try on. My mom and I thought she was crazy and was wasting time. I put on the dress and my mom didn't want to rip it trying to zip it. The girl came up and just zipped it right up. I could finally tell that I had lost so much weight and was proud of myself. To make it even better girls in high school there buying prom dresses were coming up to me saying how great I looked. After having a amazing morning and good after noon with my mom i went to work and went to a friends get together. I told them my accomplishments and everyone went crazy happy. With having a great set of family and friends behind me I know I can make it to my goal with hard work and determination.

- Jenna
  • tatertotfishstick
    tatertotfishstick Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    congrats!!!!