A life without tacos..... Is no life at all

I could live off of these........

Replies

• springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,400 Member
    Having tacos for dinner. Nothing as fancy as that. Just a taco kits, some 93% lean ground beef, lettuce tomatoes and cheese. Should come in around 600 or so calories for four, if memory serves.

One of the best dinners around.

Plus, husband is cooking it while I’m at yoga.

Win-win!!!!!!!
  • bdelaney33
    bdelaney33 Posts: 150 Member
    twitchea wrote: »
    I could live off of these........

Looks good! We need some details on it... starving!
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    I used to like tacos but maybe overdid them at some point in my life because now they're bleh to me. Ds suggested I try fish tacos. Uh no thanks. :#
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    I've had two taco nights recently - hubs wanted fish tacos, and then we needed to use the rest of the corn tortillas so I made carnitas. Per taco, the nutrition really isn't terrible! The problem just comes in when you eat eight of them...

@ReenieHJ, what puts you off about fish tacos, the fish part or the taco part?

I used this recipe for the fish tacos, adding a diced jalapeno to the slaw because we like it a little hot. And my instant pot and Kitchenaid made quick work of these carnitas, which I served with some queso fresco, salsa verde, diced raw onion and cilantro.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    I've had two taco nights recently - hubs wanted fish tacos, and then we needed to use the rest of the corn tortillas so I made carnitas. Per taco, the nutrition really isn't terrible! The problem just comes in when you eat eight of them...

I used this recipe for the fish tacos, adding a diced jalapeno to the slaw because we like it a little hot. And my instant pot and Kitchenaid made quick work of these carnitas, which I served with some queso fresco, salsa verde, diced raw onion and cilantro.

Both? I like fish; a good piece of salmon or haddock is great. But any tacos I ever tried had hamburger so I guess that's what my brain tells me has to be in them. I'm weird like that I guess. :) But even then, I'd rather have a pb & j.
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Valid! Eat what you like. That leaves more fish, slaw, and crema for me, LOL.
  • MsCzar
    MsCzar Posts: 1,039 Member
    edited December 2020
    Shredded leftover turkey and reduced it in spicy taco seasoning and chicken broth.

Sooo good.

Froze the excess in one meal portions for Tacos Future.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »

Both? I like fish; a good piece of salmon or haddock is great. But any tacos I ever tried had hamburger so I guess that's what my brain tells me has to be in them. I'm weird like that I guess. :) But even then, I'd rather have a pb & j.

Yeah, American tacos are pretty meh...we do them from time to time because it's quick and easy and the kids like them...but authentic Mexican tacos don't use ground beef at all, ever...and authentic corn tortillas don't come preformed.

Most of the fish tacos I've had in the US are just ok...though I've had some good ones in San Diego...the fish tacos I had when I was in Cabo were incredible. When we make tacos at home, it's usually slow cooked barbacoa or carnitas, with plenty of lime and cilantro and homemade pico de gallo.
  • LiftandSkate
    LiftandSkate Posts: 148 Member
    I love tacos! I can and have eaten them every single day for months on end. They are such a perfect, easy, well-balanced meal!
  • SelenaMariaStewart
    SelenaMariaStewart Posts: 112 Member
    I definitely still eat tacos hahaha. I always work my faves into my calories and macros 😋 2 are like 300 calories (give or take) and we usually pair them with a large garden salad (stuffed with excess taco filling and spicy sauce over top) nom nom nom