New and looking for support!

Options
New to this and looking for support! Just had a baby 8 weeks ago and it has been a struggle losing this baby weight and the 20lbs of extra weight I had on me when I first found out I was preggo! Yikes... I have a long way to go- roughly 40lbs. anyone else going through the same thing?

Replies

• hm_day
    hm_day Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm not going through the baby weight situation, but I have an awesome support group you're more than welcome to join :) Also, make sure you get the okay from your doctor before you start doing any exercise!
  • Tallishah
    Options
    I just found and joined this forum yesterday. You will find the suport you need here. Although, I have never experience pregnancy, I do know how hard it can be for women to lose weight after hacing a baby. Make sure you get some personal time to take care of you and your fitness.
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Okay kiddo.....I want to you stop and read what you wrote. You had a BABY 8 weeks ago. It took you 9 MONTHS to put on the baby weight so you need to stop stressing and realize it will take at least that long (or more....like me) to take it off.

I wouldn't focus so much on losing weight right now. Focus on getting healthy. Make healthier food choices, don't eat out so much, do the research when you do eat out and know how many calories are in things. Add exercise to your routine. But don't kill yourself. Your body went through a rather traumatic (even if it is natural) experience and it needs to recoup. Make small changes and relax.

Now if you are like me, and also just starting this journey, and you get to the point when your baby is 16 months old and you haven't lost the baby weight then you can start freaking out!!! But you won't because you are starting the healthy journey early. I'm trying not to stress because you have to remember that your body will always be a little different and you have the most beautiful little one to remind you that you did an amazing thing and created a miracle!!!! Relax.....we'll do this together!!!
  • bfoster80
    Options
    Thanks! I have slowly started adding regular exercise into my routine, so I guess I'm bummed that the weight isnt coming off faster. I think it stresses me out still because I'm still wearing maternity clothes. I would soooo love to be in my regular clothes. I will try to relax. lol! I am sure the stress of not losing weight is not contributing to my weight loss! :)