Feeling Fustrated!

Options
I bust my butt at the gym every day..doing kickboxing, weight lifting, etc and the scale doesn't move. If it moves, it goes up. Yeah I have a cheat day every once and a while, but for the most part I think I eat fairly well. I hate the scale! I call it satan...lol! It really knows how to play with your emotions.

Some days I feel like giving up. I don't have a lot of weight to lose, but enough I want to feel good again. I did my measurements last month, and everything was up from the month before.

I just needed to vent for a minute. I know I'm not the only one that feels this way. How do you get out of this funk if the scale doesn't move?

Replies

• militarywife100
    Options
    Im having the same problem right now... i know how frustrating it is.... not sure if its worked for me yet but everybody's been telling me to switch up my wokouts... i used to do circuit training... cardio plus strength training.... so now ive started jogging.... i hope it works!
  • ashleydeane
    ashleydeane Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    feeling your pain... i'm going to start adjusting my diet. I just started tracking sodium too in the diary! wow intake more than i thought!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Are you losing inches?
  • sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    can u make ur diary public so we can see what u eat?
  • Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    If we cannot see your diary, we can't help you. There may be things that you are eating that may be holding you back. Please open your diary so that you can get the help and support that you are asking for.
  • mlharris
    mlharris Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am as well... it's tough..... I've been doing this since November... lost about 7, had some set backs and now only down 1... trying very hard, eat well, but not exercising... need to get it together! The only thing is, not going up... must keep trying
  • JeffGDDG
    JeffGDDG Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    If you find an answer, let me know :-/
  • persanta
    persanta Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Are you eating your exercise calories back? This bit scares me, so sometimes I do and sometimes I dont - but my scales aint budging the right way either :ohwell:

Paula x
  • ljbhill
    ljbhill Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I hate to say this...but it's 80% what you eat and 20% exercise. I lost most my weight from diet alone. It's only the last few pesky bits that I'm trying to blast with diet and exercise. Although there are many other benefits from eating a good diet =)
  • chefgorman
    chefgorman Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    i was under the weather a little this week, but still eat right for the most part. i went to the gym twice as well this week. Igained three pounds, but lost 1/2 inch around the waist. I am trimmer this week even if the scale says not. Keep up the hard work
  • jlikennedy3
    jlikennedy3 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Muscle weighs more than fat. If you are doing weight lifting and kickboxing, it sounds like you are increasing your muscle mass which will either cause your weight to increase a little or offset your lessened body fat with muscle weight. If you are looking to increase your muscle tone, then I would keep it up. Eventually you will see the scale begin to slid down. However, if you are wanting to just lose weight, then you should just stick with cardiovascular exercises. The main thing is to not be completely dependent on the scale to determine whether or not you feel good. You should concentrate more on whether or not your stamina is up and overall endorphins have increased. When those endorphins go up, you always fell better!
  • lauren0804
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your kind words of encouragement. I just made my diary viewable :) Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I added kickboxing just a few weeks ago to my workouts and and a weight lifting class a month ago. Maybe I will try the jogging. I have a bad ankle and knee. So I need to be careful. Luckily with Kickboxing it hasn't affected it much.

I have been eating back my calories burned...not sure if that is the right thing to do...maybe not. If I don't I feel HUNGRY. Not sure if I'm working out too much if that is even an option..This is my schedule:

Mon- Wed- 60 Minutes of Weight Lifting Class with a 1/2 hour on the elliptical. Tues and Wed- 45 minutes of Kickboxing and sometimes a half hour on the ellpitcal after. Fridays usually an hour of Elliptcal and Bike combined. Saturday a half hour of Ellpitcal with a 1/2 hour of Weights using Machines.
  • lauren0804
    Options
    Muscle weighs more than fat. If you are doing weight lifting and kickboxing, it sounds like you are increasing your muscle mass which will either cause your weight to increase a little or offset your lessened body fat with muscle weight. If you are looking to increase your muscle tone, then I would keep it up. Eventually you will see the scale begin to slid down. However, if you are wanting to just lose weight, then you should just stick with cardiovascular exercises. The main thing is to not be completely dependent on the scale to determine whether or not you feel good. You should concentrate more on whether or not your stamina is up and overall endorphins have increased. When those endorphins go up, you always fell better!

I was thinking of just doing cardio until I lost the 12 lbs i want to lose.....thanks for your help!
  • FastandFurious
    FastandFurious Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You have hit a plateau. Sometimes if you are not eating enough your body will not allow you to lose any weight. It goes into a starvation mode and retains everything you eat. It addition if you are working out, i would not be as concerned about the weight (number) as the measurements. You are obviously gaining lots of muscle which weighs more than fat. Six very small meals a day and write everything down, you will be amazed. Good luck. Dont give up.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    You are NOT the only one...if you watch, there are probably 100 posts like yours every day...we all get discouraged and want to give up, but you just have to stick with it and know that the changes WILL happen if you keep up with working out and eating right.