Back Pain and Weight Loss

Options
yasai75
yasai75 Posts: 7 Member
So. I have a chronic, acute pain condition in my upper back. And now, over the past month, I'm waking up each morning with my lower back locked until I manage to crack it (painfully) so I can actually move. I used MFP about 8 or 9 years ago and lost about 45lb. Unfortunately, I have managed to regain all of that weight since I stopped using the app and I'm thinking perhaps if I can shed a good amount, maybe I'll be able to lessen the pain. I have been using the app consistently for 2 weeks now, and have decided I'd like to make some friends here. I don't care if you're trying to lose weight, gain weight or just increase your fitness - anyone is welcome to come and say hi. Please, tell me a bit about your journey so far, I'd love to hear it!

Replies

• jeanarnold59
    jeanarnold59 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Jean... I have chronic joint and back pain from RA.... I am using MFP but do not exercise and not losing..... any suggestions... I can’t walk that far either ... how are you?
  • yasai75
    yasai75 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Jean... I have chronic joint and back pain from RA.... I am using MFP but do not exercise and not losing..... any suggestions... I can’t walk that far either ... how are you?

Hi Jean! Does this affect all of your joints? I have a friend with Ehlers Danlos Syndrom Type 3, so I can certainly imagine the struggle for you. I've popped you a friend's request :)
  • thechessking1
    thechessking1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is Kerry and am looking to make a couple of friends and get a little bit of support that is lacking in the home world. I have joint pain and boarding on diabetes, along with a few other weight related issues. I am out of shape despite not working at a desk all the time.
  • greenkaren731
    greenkaren731 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi I’m Karen from 🇬🇧 your not alone. I too have mobility and medical issues. My health has deteriorated over the last four years, gained 5st but I’m in the right mindset to motivate myself, just baby steps no strenuous exercise yet but really working towards a calorie controlled diet. It’s opened my eyes as to how many calories I must have been consuming. I’m looking forward to a healthier me. Best of luck 😀
  • mhamzikhan9292
    mhamzikhan9292 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    yasai75 wrote: »
    So. I have a chronic, acute pain condition in my upper back. And now, over the past month, I'm waking up each morning with my lower back locked until I manage to crack it (painfully) so I can actually move. I used MFP about 8 or 9 years ago and lost about 45lb. Unfortunately, I have managed to regain all of that weight since I stopped using the app
    https://jpronline.info/kratom/best-kratom-for-pain/
    and I'm thinking perhaps if I can shed a good amount, maybe I'll be able to lessen the pain. I have been using the app consistently for 2 weeks now, and have decided I'd like to make some friends here. I don't care if you're trying to lose weight, gain weight or just increase your fitness - anyone is welcome to come and say hi. Please, tell me a bit about your journey so far, I'd love to hear it!

Greetings, I read your post. Did you think about kratom and did you ever attempt it to get free out from this chronic pain on the off chance that no, at that point I will lean toward you to utilize kratom for your torment? I guarantee you that I will give alleviation from this ceaseless torment and in the event that you don't think about it I m putting a connection in your own statement visit it once. Attempt it I m sure you will feel great to have it.

All the best.
  • cowsanddogsarecute
    cowsanddogsarecute Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm Dakota. I have osteoarthritis in both my knees, osteoarthritis in my lumbar spine and gout in my right foot. Only exercise I do is walking. I've lost 27.3 kgs over the last 25 months. I still have so much to lose though. I've sent you a friend request.