Women 200lb+, Let's Be Diligent This December!!!

Options

Replies

• MaxCat1000
    MaxCat1000 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    IsETHome wrote: »
    Hello everyone.

Goal for the month is to be under 200 by Dec 29th and for my A1C to be 5.7.

Ahhh! I never thought of putting A1C as a goal. I think I shall add that forthwith. Last time, just a couple weeks ago, mine was 6.6, which is okay, the time before it was 6.5, so it went up, not sure why as I have been eating better but it may have been due to having a minor ongoing infection.
  • louisejen5918
    louisejen5918 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    @holdthefries feel free to add me, I want to watch as you do this, I love your determination
  • KMC55
    KMC55 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'm going to wake up every day this week with determination to remind myself of the tiny choices that I make everyday that decide the outcome of my long term end goal to feel healthier, stronger, fitter, more present. Remember that feeling as a kid when you could run like the wind feeling light, alive and agile feeling your powerful heart beating for you. I want that feeling again. Every choice I make in a day gets me closer to that goal.

This week I'm going to focus on getting calories back under control each day. I'm going to log my food and stay within that range for the next 7 days. No exceptions. And next week that will be 1 week down and I will be 51 weeks closer to my goal. 2021 year of health!

@holdthefries I love this. I completely understand and right there with you. We can do this with each other encouragement.
  • archiv88
    archiv88 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Good on you for quitting smoking, @archiv88 ! This internet stranger is proud of you. I also love that you're explicitly trying to model healthy choices for your daughter. I think a lot of us grow up watching our parents make choices about how they treat their bodies (and their kids' bodies) that were...less than ideal, and it's very hard to overcome that early programming, which doesn't even need to be actively malicious to be maladaptive.

Thanks, internet stranger! 😊

As for parents making choices and the impact on the children later on in life, that's exactly why I'm doing this. I just want her to grow up differently than I did, with body positivity and without diet culture (at least in our household).
  • avb422
    avb422 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    LenGray wrote: »

So, some stuff about me. I'm currently a college student pursuing a biology/environmental science degree. In my spare time, I volunteer for a river restoration project and catalogue wildlife in a nearby state park, while the rest of my time is spent working as a writing tutor and author (my first short story got published earlier this year).

Love this; I work for an enviro nonprofit (but on the fundraising side)!
  • aliciap0116
    aliciap0116 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    @MuttiNM I’m sorry to hear about your dad and hope you and your mom are okay. We just got through quarantine after a school exposure. It’s all very scary. Sending prayers for all of you!

@pamiede your determination is so impressive. I know you will have an amazing recovery and you will maintain your impressive losses. You are so inspiring!!
  • azalea4175
    azalea4175 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    @iloveeggnog "It is 6 months today since I started this journey and I'm just amazed at how it has all clicked, for the most part. Of course I have terrible days where I eat my weight in sugar cookies and days where the last thing I want to do is work out or count calories. But YOU all have continued to inspire me and keep me going and taught me that time and consistency is key. One day can't break me."

Love you acknowledge the day you eat sugar cookies!! i have been a sugar junkie my whole life. you inspire me!! i maintained my weight loss over Thanksgiving weekend, so that is a huge plus. here's to a good December. You look GREAT in your pic. So happy for you!
  • JojoInTheForks
    JojoInTheForks Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    azalea4175 wrote: »
    Love you acknowledge the day you eat sugar cookies!! i have been a sugar junkie my whole life. you inspire me!! i maintained my weight loss over Thanksgiving weekend, so that is a huge plus. here's to a good December. You look GREAT in your pic. So happy for you!

@azalea4175
    That just might be the highest compliment I've ever been paid. Thank you!! And YES, here's to a great December for all of us, indeed!!
  • LenGray
    LenGray Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    avb422 wrote: »
    LenGray wrote: »

So, some stuff about me. I'm currently a college student pursuing a biology/environmental science degree. In my spare time, I volunteer for a river restoration project and catalogue wildlife in a nearby state park, while the rest of my time is spent working as a writing tutor and author (my first short story got published earlier this year).

Love this; I work for an enviro nonprofit (but on the fundraising side)!

That's so cool!
  • IsETHome
    IsETHome Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    MaxCat1000 wrote: »
    IsETHome wrote: »
    Hello everyone.

Goal for the month is to be under 200 by Dec 29th and for my A1C to be 5.7.

Ahhh! I never thought of putting A1C as a goal. I think I shall add that forthwith. Last time, just a couple weeks ago, mine was 6.6, which is okay, the time before it was 6.5, so it went up, not sure why as I have been eating better but it may have been due to having a minor ongoing infection.

I'm told it takes about 3-4 months to show progress when exercising more, and keeping lower cals/sugars. My check in August was 6.4, and I'm kicking myself because a year ago I had it down to 5.4 then gained back part of my weight, I'm hoping my efforts since August will show a reverse course. I want to not be so close to the edge.

I also watch my fatty liver numbers....I'm told that's pretty important, but cant remember what the test numbers are for that, but I do check that.

Note that my Dr. also told me, that when your body burns the fat off of it, then it can go up just slightly because your body converts the fat back to sugar...lovely right.
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    It's weigh-in day!

Weigh Ins (lbs):
    11/13 (Initial): 252.8
    11/20: 250.4
    11/27: 250.6
    12/4: 250.6 - okay, I'll take it.
    12/11:
    12/18:
    12/25:

Well, no loss this week but I shouldn't be surprised. I think I need to plan for snacks during the day while I'm at work - maybe make my own little 100-calorie packs of nuts or something and keep them in my desk, so I'm not starving by the time I get home in the evenings and then overeating/snacking at night.

I'm also trying to increase my NEAT (non-exercise active time) after seeing the thread about it earlier this week. I do have to go upstairs to refill my water cup, so that's one thing; maybe I'll set an alarm and take a lap around the building every hour, or something. I hate how my mask scrunches in and then puffs back out when I breathe deeply - it feels unpleasant on my face and I find it embarrassing to draw so much attention to myself that way (which is 100% a Me Thing, I know, nobody's probably even thinking about me that much, but tell that to my anxiety). I've toyed with the idea of getting an under-desk pedal thing so I can move a little bit while I'm at my desk, since I basically spend my entire 9 hours at work seated except for when I go upstairs for water. Does anyone have experience with those, can you recommend a model that's both inexpensive and quiet? I have a private office but I need to keep my door open most of the time, and my colleagues and I spend a lot of time on the phone.
  • IsETHome
    IsETHome Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    It's weigh-in day!

I think I need to plan for snacks during the day while I'm at work - maybe make my own little 100-calorie packs of nuts or something and keep them in my desk, so I'm not starving by the time I get home in the evenings and then overeating/snacking at night.

I keep some 70 cal fiber one bars & bottles of water in my trunk area of vehicle to curb stacking. Put it in the car for the drive home - my commute is about an hour, prevents me from making a detour to a fast food place....