Looking For Like Minded Friends

Options
LivinLifeHealthy84
LivinLifeHealthy84 Posts: 35 Member
edited July 2019 in Motivation and Support
Hey, all. I’m looking both to motivate others and hopefully earn motivation in return. I’m 60lbs down and on the final 10lb push to my current goals. I’ve been “dieting” for 10 years and have no desire to return to where I was. I’ve read enough and tried enough options for dieting and exercise to know what works, but part of that is having a good team to support each other and hope to bring some of that knowledge to the table myself. I view the body fat loss as only the beginning phase to a new future.

Keto, low carb, slow carb, paleo, vegetarian, intermittent fasting, water fasting, Mediterranean, and more... name it, I’ve likely tried it and researched its pros/cons, etc. I understand the difference between cardio and resistance training with regards to goals for weight loss.

I’m not an expert, doctor, or coach. Just looking for mutual goals to live a long, strong, and healthy life.

Anyway, add me if you’re interested.

Replies

• smtcpa
    smtcpa Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    So, what worked the best? Two years ago I lost 20 pounds by running and watching what I ate. I gained it all back the next winter. I’m doing much the same now but not running, just a lot of walking. Nothing. I’m 55 years old and started a statin for cholesterol, but I can’t lose the weight. Interested in what worked the bets for you.
  • LivinLifeHealthy84
    Options
    Intermittent Fasting worked quite a bit, but really the times I lost weight / gained muscle was in a very controlled manner and I was measuring calories. Like actually weighing food, measuring body composition, tracking everything to the T. It took a lot of focus and I typically felt embarrassed and ridiculed for doing that. It also had to take significant tracking to get there.
  • MidlifeCrisisFitness
    MidlifeCrisisFitness Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
  • msunat97
    msunat97 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
  • mommarass88
    mommarass88 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Over the last 6 almost 7 years I’ve lost a total of 130lbs...was 150lbs down but I gained on and off. I have maintained for the most part but would like to lose an additional 10lbs now. With proper exercise I feel like it’ll put me at a healthy weight. Congrats on your lose, it definitely takes dedication!