High calorie foods that are easy on the stomach?

Options
Hi everyone, I am underweight due to health issues and constantly trying to gain. Unfortunately a lot of things that I used to eat (cheese, fried foods, etc.) were making me more sick instead of helping. On top of that I really hate nuts and can't stomach them most days (minus when they're chopped small, mixed into things, and masked by other flavors) so the "just keep snacking on nuts" advice people in my life keep giving me is really unhelpful. What are your favorite high calorie, high protein, and/or high fat foods that are easy on your stomach and don't contribute to acid reflux? Especially snacks and breakfast foods are helpful.

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• wiigelec
    wiigelec Posts: 503 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    cake - devil’s food, no frosting
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    When I need/want high calorie foods then starchy carbs are my go to rather than high fat.
    Fatty meals upset my stomach but carbs don't.

As for breakfast foods then before a long cycle ride a big bowl of granola, porridge or muesli are my go to high calorie fuels that my stomach likes.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    If dairy doesn’t bother you, butter on almost anything adds tastes good and adds some easy calories.
  • mizoiology
    mizoiology Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Bananas, Peanut butter (Has a lot of calories), Anything that has a lot of calories.
    See this list.
    0sqafliunmmr.jpg

• claires369
    claires369 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone! Great suggestions!
  • Oliveciabatta
    Oliveciabatta Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Simple comfort foods work for me, baked potato with cheese, macaroni, pasta, white bread. Simple starchy carbs and fat (dairy if you can handle it ok)
  • GaryRuns
    GaryRuns Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Here's a thread you might find helpful. Not specific to stomach-friendly, but then that's likely going to vary from person to person anyway. Maybe it'll give you some ideas:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10326769/are-you-a-hard-gainer-please-read/p1
  • xxzenabxx
    xxzenabxx Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    White rice is easy on the stomach and easy to overeat.