Coffee Cream Substitutes?

Options
2»

Replies

• PoeRaven
    PoeRaven Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    What about starting with 2%, then 1% then down to skim? That is how I changed up my milk...your taste bugs get used to it.

Since I don't like flavored or sweet coffee, I think this suggestion best suits what I'm looking for.
    Thanks to everyone for their input!!!
  • noturninback
    noturninback Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I love creamy coffee too! I use International Delight Sugar Free Hazelnut; 1 tbsp = 20 cal. with 2 g total fat, 1 g saturated fat, and 1 g total carb. I generally only drink coffee in the a.m. and have about three cups. What I need to start doing is measuring!!!! :wink:
    Although, honestly I don't feel I go overboard on the creamer.... Now my husband, on the other hand, likes his creamer with a little bit of coffee!!!:smile:

Thanks for posting this. I am going to have to try the almond milk and coconut milk!
  • Debi907
    Debi907 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate! I love my coffee too! I use the individual packets of Land O' Lakes Mini Moo's Half & Half. The creamer is pre-measured so I don't "accidentally" add more than I should. Each creamer serving is 10 calories. And remember, coffee is an effective natural metabolism booster. Now I'm in the mood for a cup of joe. ;-)
  • crystalslight
    crystalslight Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I LOVE coffee. If I'm grumpy my family will ask "have you had your coffee?" LOL. I'm gonna try thr almond milk and coconut milk. I know I put too much creamer and honey in mine. Need to start measuring or substituting for healthier creamers. Thanks for the post :drinker:
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I use skim milk (1/4 cup) and 1 packet splenda! And good strong coffee. Fresh ground kona blend is my preferred.
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Unsweetened vanilla almond milk! Creamy, low calorie, low fat, no sugar.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    A real java junky will enjoy it black. Learn to love it :heart:
  • rlcott2231
    rlcott2231 Posts: 11
    Options
    Great idea! Ive never seen low fat- Im going to be on the look out
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    Have you considered canned fat free evaporated milk?
  • eviltwinkie
    eviltwinkie Posts: 153
    Options
    If you're going down to Non-Fat milk (I too also hate sugar in my coffee) if you can find the 'supreme' non-fat milk, it's creamier. I think because it has carageenan in it, but I don't care. It's good in coffee.

I also keep packets of plain ol coffee mate creamer at my desk. Not as good as the milk, but they do in a pinch (ie, forgot to get milk) just fine. And it's premeasured.

Flavored and sweeted creamers - BLECH.

I have found that being a bit more snobbish about what coffee I'm drinking also made the transition to non fat easier. A good tasting bean doesn't need much milk - even a strong roast. Play around with the kinds of roasts you're getting and what you make coffee with (if you can.)

I've been stuck on Arabian Mocha Java lately in my french press. Good stuff. I also use a double filter french press, which has less sediment than most and seems to make a smoother cup.
  • mowrites
    mowrites Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    So Delicious Coconut Milk Non Dairy Creamer in French Vanilla is absolutely delish. Definitely creamy. :0)

OH OH i gotta try that!