Once I start I can't stop

Options
Can anyone relate to this? I eat really healthy and do great until I start eating. It doesn't happen for breakfast but gets progressively worse as the days goes on. So I eat my meals and then I just can't stop. I want more and more even though I am no longer hungry. I just love food so much and I love feeling full. I do this on vegetables, fruit, fat free yogurt, all the healthy stuff that normal people don't overeat. I do so well until I start. What can I do?

Replies

• applespearsncakes
    applespearsncakes Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Emotional eating?
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,444 Member
    Options
    Are you in a calorie deficit? How many calories are you eating in a normal day? Maybe it's too little for you.
  • sarah7591
    sarah7591 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    This happens to me with sweets but not healthy foods.
  • MidlifeCrisisFitness
    MidlifeCrisisFitness Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Do you work in your kitchen?
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    yirara wrote: »
    Are you in a calorie deficit? How many calories are you eating in a normal day? Maybe it's too little for you.

This is where I would start. Also, what does loving feeling full mean to you? Not hungry? Or overstuffed like after Thanksgiving dinner (for many)? And loving something doesn't mean you need to experience it every day. But first I'd make sure you are actually eating sufficient cals, fat, protein, not just lots of volume.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,973 Member
    Options
    Can anyone relate to this? I eat really healthy and do great until I start eating. It doesn't happen for breakfast but gets progressively worse as the days goes on. So I eat my meals and then I just can't stop. I want more and more even though I am no longer hungry. I just love food so much and I love feeling full. I do this on vegetables, fruit, fat free yogurt, all the healthy stuff that normal people don't overeat. I do so well until I start. What can I do?

How much weight do you need to lose and what is your weekly weight loss goal? It may be that you are trying to lose weight too fast and are consequently very hungry.

Also, what's your protein goal and are you meeting it? The default is 20% of calories from protein.

9kjwnia17qv9.jpg
  • katiemcm1125
    katiemcm1125 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I eat too much later in the day if I haven’t eaten enough throughout the day. Also I think your use of the word “can’t” is legit because it really doesn’t feel like a choice. If it’s emotional eating, I would recommend going to a therapist who specializes in disordered eating.
  • olympos92
    olympos92 Posts: 76 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Do you drink enough fluids during the day? For me, if I don't drink enough water during the day I feel more hungry myself. Water, coffee, tea keeps me full.

Another thing I do, I boil some ginger, cinnamon, half a limon with1 liter water and drink it during day. When I drink this I don't crave sweets. Flavored water helps.
  • natasor1
    natasor1 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    You are grown up person, have your norm and stick to it. Will of power has to be exercised daily.
    Try to plan your next meal and stick to the plan.
    Try to plan your whole day meals, then stick to every little number of the plan. We have our food scales for it.