indian takeaway

Options
Hi all

I am planning on having an indian takeaway for tea tomorrow, depending on the calories, but the one i want isn't on the database.

is there another website i can find calories on or would anyone here know how many calories are in a Chicken Mappas Curry with Cheese Naan.

Thanks

Replies

• ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Try to only eat half or less. I dont know the calories but i just looked at the ingredients and it has full fat coconut milk and the nan is cheesy. So just be aware of that. Try to eat less calories at breakfast and supper.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Indian Takeaway is that a new party game?
  • birdlover97111
    birdlover97111 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Google it...The calorie count is probably somewhere out in Webland.... :flowerforyou:
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    www.google.com is a wonderful website
  • rbryntes
    rbryntes Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    You can probably get close with a search for Indian Chicken Curry and a separate search for cheese naan - both are in the database.
  • nickinackynoo
    Options
    i've been searching for an hour online and can't find it anywhere!!

might have to stick to korma or tikka masala....i only ever have half as i share with my little boy.
  • rbryntes
    rbryntes Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    as I said, both cheese naan and chicken curry are in the database.
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Googled the recipe (not saying that it's the same as your TakeAway) but it looks like it'll be between 600-1000kc a normal portion and TakeAway portions normally feed at least 2.

The Naan will be about 500kc if it's a full-size naan, and with cheese call it another 600kc.

If you're having rice remember it's about 110kc per 100g for pilau.

Are you eating alone or sharing?

Why not eat half the curry (about 120g) with 1/3 of Naan and freeze the rest for another day.:bigsmile:
  • marktaunton
    Options
    Being perfectly honest, you cannot really rely upon what is in the database for takeaways. I deliver for an Indian resturant, and they do not even know how much calories are in them.

So literally people are guestimating what the calories actually are.

Each resturant will be different, some will use cheap and nasty bits of meat, others will use tender chicken.

Just call it a sneaky treat, and do not bother about the calories as if you say it is 200 cal it may actually be 250 cal in reality.

If you really want to do some research, it is best to say for example, if you have plain white rice, you can have a guess about how much you have on your plate, find out the equivilant for rice, put that down, do the same for the chicken, try and find a reasonably similar sauce, then at best you have a very very very rough estimate.
  • nickinackynoo
    Options
    thanks everyone
  • ken1994
    ken1994 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Indian Takeaway is that a new party game?

Takeaway = Togo