Hard time achieving a caloric surplus

I can't eat In a caloric surplus.. Any solution???

Replies

• Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Sure, add in healthy oils like olive oil or coconut oil when cooking. Eat more nuts like almonds.

Also, not sure how much of a surplus you’re aiming for, but you may find that you have to work up to it gradually.
  • Pitafi327
    Pitafi327 Posts: 5 Member
    I am aiming for 2500... I am able to hit 1700/1500 but not further.. I am 6.1 btw and I weigh 54kgs
  • Dogmom1978
    Well, 1tbsp of olive oil is 119 calories, so I would add it when cooking to help bump up the calories.

2 tablespoons of peanut butter is 190 calories (sometimes I just eat it by the spoonful when I need some extra fat in my day).

A serving of almonds is 162 calories.

When my husband is bulking the above are his go to choices, but it will depend on what you enjoy eating to how easy it is to bump your calories up. The oils would be the easiest as you can add them to most meats that you cook and even veggies if you want to roast them in some olive oil.
  • wiigelec
    wiigelec Posts: 503 Member
    edited December 2020
    https://www.andybaker.com/building-a-simple-diet-for-mass/

and start lifting, you need to give your body a reason to want more calories
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Time for Ice cream!!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,482 Member
    Eat a large pizza by yourself. Daily.
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    Peanut butter baby
  • youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    Snacks. Anything with dip, cheese, nuts, protein shakes with pb and banana, BACON. Should not be too difficult. Branch out.
  • Pitafi327
    Thank you for your help guys.. just one more thing. Given my stats, is it okay if I drink 2 litres of Milk every day(1200 cals) ?
  • Dogmom1978
    Why do you want to drink 1200 calories of milk a day?? I mean if your aim is 2500, that’s almost half of your calories from milk. It just seems like an excessive amount of milk. Is there some specific reason you want to drink that much milk???
  • Pitafi327
    Dogmom1978 wrote: »
    Why do you want to drink 1200 calories of milk a day?? I mean if your aim is 2500, that’s almost half of your calories from milk. It just seems like an excessive amount of milk. Is there some specific reason you want to drink that much milk???

I'm a student and I've a pretty tight routine and don't have enough time to eat big meals plus I can't cook and It's just that liquid calories are easy to take in.
  • Dogmom1978
    Pitafi327 wrote: »
    Dogmom1978 wrote: »

I'm a student and I've a pretty tight routine and don't have enough time to eat big meals plus I can't cook and It's just that liquid calories are easy to take in.

I mean, I don’t think it will be harmful for you, but I personally wouldn’t enjoy that and it would make it harder for me to stick with it.

And can’t cook or won’t cook? If you can’t cook just because you don’t know how, you can always bake some chicken breasts and make some frozen veggies. If you mean you don’t have access to a kitchen to cook, that’s a different story.

If you don’t mind it though, you can give it a shot.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Couple glasses of milk mix in your own chocolate - unless you count that as cooking you can't do.
    Use that spoon for 2 servings of peanut butter.
    In the morning, bunch of calories done there now.

Make that a snack later in the day too.

Full fat yogurt or cottage cheese for lunch, with a couple pieces of fruit or vegetable you can eat cold or room temp.

Dinners - boiling water possible, or frying pan?
    Pasta dishes that can use some of that milk and butter, or frozen skillet meals, or thin crust pizza as suggested.

You won't be able to jump up to that level - add slowly.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,386 MFP Moderator
    Fairlife Chocolate Milk is amazing. I would also bring nuts as they are 180-220 calories and easy to bring with you. And high calorie protein bars like Cliff builder bars. All should help a busy student get calories up while maintaining good nutrition
  • Pitafi327
    Hey guys! Thanks for the help. I've started working out lately and have been consuming 300-400gms of spaghetti after workout which is about 12-1400 calories and has made reaching my caloric goal a child's play also I've gained 2.2kgs. Once again thank you all for your valuable advice!