how long did it take to start losing weight?

hi everyone!
i started MFP like a month ago..i was about 58.8kg.
i started tracking everything i eat and exercising about 4 to 5 times a week . each workout aproximately 45 min..

toD i climbed on the scale and was kind of dissapointed to see that it showed 58.9kg...I didnt lose AT ALL ..
i know that losing weight takes time...bt since i didnt lose anything in onewhole month i wanted to know what am doing wrong...

so..i wanted to know.. how long did it take for you to start losing weight wen u started MFP?

Replies

• It maybe took me about a month from the time I started. I had a few things here and there that helped. I had my baby in Feb and started losing weight and then I am also breastfeeding which helps too. I am however in a rut right now. I need to challenge myself. I'm not sure why you haven't lost but you lose inches before lbs if that helps.
  • Misiaxcore
    Misiaxcore Posts: 659 Member
    I started losing my first week.
  • bump
  • trelm249
    trelm249 Posts: 777 Member
    This is going to vary radically. Generally speaking those who have a very significant amount to lose will see the more dramatic results starting out.

I lost about 15 lbs in the first month. I fall in the "very significant amount to lose" category.
  • Muscle weighs more than fat, so if you are exercising lots then this is prob happening! Also, when you exercise you need to work at 'fat burning rate' rather than 'aerobic rate' as this will affect the way your body uses its resources. If you have only a bit to lose then you will (prob) find it slightly slower than you would hope. Eat all your basic calories each day too, otherwise your body will go into starvation mode and store food rather than burn it (eekk!!)

Good luck x
  • I'm at a standstill for about 2 weeks but I chalk it up to exercising for the first time in a LOOOONG time. When I dieted alone I dropped immediately and consistently thereafter. But since exercise I noticed that it's not budging (and I do typically eat some but not all of the exercise calories that MFP calculates for me). But I know it's water rentention so I'm not psyching myself out and I'm just going to keep pushing. I keep saying I'm going to take my inches and do them once a month but I keep forgeting.
  • keep going!
  • rockstarginaa
    rockstarginaa Posts: 1,529 Member
    I lost my first week and it was also probably the only week I lost more than 2lbs.
  • lost in my first week but going out tonight i am staying away from the scales until next weekend
  • porffor
    porffor Posts: 1,210 Member
    This is going to vary radically. Generally speaking those who have a very significant amount to lose will see the more dramatic results starting out.

I lost about 15 lbs in the first month. I fall in the "very significant amount to lose" category.
    ^^ applies to me too but I was dieting for real so that accounts for the high loss.

If you are not seeing a change then adjust your settings - the others will help you when it comes to calories you should be eating, exercise and base it on your height etc.

logging your food for the month as you have maintained can help you look at why you've maintained.. I'd help but just don't know enough to be honest. Ask for some help and I'm sure there will be lots of people able to sort it all out for you and get you in the losses.