not losing the last 10 pounds

Options
I'm on a 1,600 calorie diet where protein requirements range from 117 to 180grams (depending on my daily exercise). I don't always hit my protein req't but I'm fairly close. Any idea why I'm not losing my last 10pounds? I exercise 1/2hour to 1.5 hours per day. I need to trim down for a marathon in November 2021.

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Are you using a food scale? when down to the last few pounds loss is slow and there's little room for error. Calories are king when it comes to losing no matter how much we have to lose. I found the last 10lbs took around 5 months /average of 0.5lb a week.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing every bite you eat? Checking on the accuracy of the data entries you are using? Are you eating back your exercise calories? How do you determine those? You might want to eat only half or 3/4 of them for the time being as the numbers can be inflated.

You have plenty of time to lose 10 pounds. I find that when I'm marathon training, I lose weight because I track what i eat and the exercise I do, but still burn somewhat more than I eat on many days.
  • westrich20940
    westrich20940 Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    How long have you been at this particular calorie goal? If I were you - I'd re-calculate your TDEE and then manually set your calorie goal to be slightly lower than that (but more than your BMR) to lose the last 10 lbs. It will be slower but that's how it works the closer you get to your weight loss goal.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    38xxujxq7v73.jpg