Women 200lb+, Let's Be Diligent This December!!!

Options

Replies

• MaxCat1000
    MaxCat1000 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    IsETHome wrote: »

I'm told it takes about 3-4 months to show progress when exercising more, and keeping lower cals/sugars.

snip...

Note that my Dr. also told me, that when your body burns the fat off of it, then it can go up just slightly because your body converts the fat back to sugar...lovely right.

Well, I am definitely NOT exercising more, so that's not it! and not sure how well I am doing about keeping the carbs lower, though I supposed just because I am eating less it would be a bit lower. That is interesting though about what your doctor said. I will keep that in mind!
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,270 Member
    Options

My goal is to have a bit of fun in December, laugh a lot, be grateful, be kind to everyone!!

To continue fasting and making good choices.

To run and walk and do strenghth training.

To read a lot.

To sleep better.

To drink water.

Until recently I had so much more time to read since I was furloughed then laid off due to the pandemic. I am on my 95th book this year so I feel like I could get to 100. However I am now working fulltime so it won't be as easy.
  • KeriA
    Options
    @MuttiNM I am so sorry to hear you father came down with COVID 19 and you and your Mom were exposed especially when you are all being careful. We have been more careful too but there are still risks just to get groceries. I order from our dairy for delivery and order for pick up from the store but there are some things you can't order or we forgot etc. So we still have to go periodically. Take care.
  • KeriA
    Options
    @pamiede Congratulations leaving rehab. I hope you are completely healed soon. Take care.
  • changeforeverlj
    changeforeverlj Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    @MuttiNum Oh no, that's not good news for your family x I've recently been quite shocked at how quickly this virus spreads amongst us! Glad to hear your dad doesn't have symptoms especially in the lungs! Good luck with your isolation, I have 7 different friend's in isolation and this virus is twofold physical and mental with the quarantine, look after yourself x
  • changeforeverlj
    Options
    pamiede wrote: »
    I’m upset I lost my previous streak due to an accident but now have 30 days 😒

Height: 5’4”
    SW: Ap 2019 307
    CW: 12/01 178

My weight is a guess because I don’t have access to a scale.

Goals for December:

💚 Maintain weight loss
    💚 Drink 60 + water per day
    💚 Increase rehabilitación workouts

Have a great month!

Celebrating leaving In Patient Rehab
    [

I'm so happy you are getting ready to leave rehab, I pray your body heals and get stronger by the day and that you can get back to the fitness level you were x
  • changeforeverlj
    Options
    @KeriA wow wow, that's a lot of reading!! Great to hear your new job is going well and that you haven't picked up weight, I love how you plan meals etc Enjoy celebrating your hubbies birthday! Ps I'm busy reading the Ken Follett Trilogy Pillars of the Earth, I'm on the third book A Column of Fire, I love the way he writes, when I start reading I fall into an ancient world, great way to escape!
  • VickyEltonGreen
    VickyEltonGreen Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hi Shayy01, I am a college professor and I know that this is is such a stressful time of year for students with assignments, papers and exam coming up. You are working too and doing all this amidst such a challenging time with COVID. So glad you are also putting time for you. Hope you have a great rest of the month,

Vicky,
    Ottawa, Canada
  • uyister
    uyister Posts: 154 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    December 2020 stats
    38 years old
    Height: 5' 7"
    SW (6/9/2020): 330.0 lbs
    Month SW (11/28/20): 252.4lbs
    Goal weight: 180 lbs
    11/28: 252.4 lbs
    12/5: 252.0 lbs
    12/12: lbs
    12/19: lbs
    12/26: lbs
    12/31: lbs - Last weigh-in of the year
    1/2/2021: lbs - Saturday weigh-in to complete the week

Weekly and Monthly Goals:
    * Keep logging in MFP

By the end of year Goals:
    Pass my classes

I am taking a break from my workouts for the next week I am just too tired and stressed with exams. I will just try to log my meals in MFP and pick them back up next Sunday with my workouts!!

@goal06082021 Making your own is a very good idea. There are some 100 calorie snack packs, but, I found that those never satisfied me. So, I bought a Power up trail mix from Costco and put the 1/4 cup serving size into small snack bags/cups. I eat that or a Nature Valley Almond butter biscuit or a 1.4oz (the large not the mini) KIND bar as a snack/meal replacement while I am studying. Their calories range from 140 - 190. Also, I am not sure how high your desk is, but I had seen these a while back, but, I never did get them since I just started doing my regular exercises and wearing compression socks since I seat long hours anyway: https://www.amazon.com/AHMED-Exerciser-Folding-Foldable-Exercise/dp/B08D5XDNY9/ref=sr_1_30?crid=18FX9P433MXL8&dchild=1&keywords=pedal+exerciser&qid=1607277410&sprefix=pedal,aps,188&sr=8-30

@ IsETHome I use these lab values chart for my self and while studying. Values may be slightly different from what your doctor uses, but, this can be a guide.
    bgays964ne28.png

Success to everyone. After exams, I'll come back and catch up on posts.
  • terrilynnangel
    terrilynnangel Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey Everybody! Newbie for the one millionth time - lol. Starting weight 325- CW - 254 - Goal with 150. The best to everyone - It's not easy - but it's worth it :)
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    I'm past the halfway mark on my six-week workout schedule and I'm pretty impressed with how well I've been able to keep up with the workout videos. I've found that my wrists are a weak point - anything that requires me to support my bodyweight on my hands is challenging, and it's my wrists that tap out before whatever muscle group(s) I'm actually trying to work. Just being lighter/weighing less will probably help more than anything else I could do to strengthen my wrists, but I do wonder if some kind of wrap or other support would help.

I did end up buying a little under-desk cycle on Friday. I'm WFH today so I'll take that into the office and get it set up tomorrow. It's pretty quiet so I'm not worried about it affecting my coworkers' calls or anything. I don't think it's going to raise my knees high enough to bump the desk but I guess I'll find out. I got a Stamina brand upper and lower body cycle for about $30 via walmart dot com and was able to pick it up in-store same-day, if anyone else is thinking about getting one. I realized that taking a lap around the building wasn't really feasible as I need to be at my desk and available most of the day, so this should help me get a little more movement in over the course of the day.
  • avb422
    avb422 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    This weekend was a little tricky. I 'attended' a Zoom wedding on Saturday, and once I started sipping bubbly to celebrate the happy couple all willpower disappeared!

I did get some good walks in this week, and spent yesterday batch-cooking so I've got some easy and tasty food ready for the week.
  • IsETHome
    IsETHome Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Its been tougher to get the fitness appointments in December, especially at 6am timeslot....today I couldn't get swimming, so I did Yoga this evening. Not sure about it, but it was alright, probably done yoga 10 times in my life. Was a bit "stressful" before I started due to all the rules on spacing, and placement wrt Covid.
  • IsETHome
    IsETHome Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    avb422 wrote: »
    This weekend was a little tricky. I 'attended' a Zoom wedding on Saturday, and once I started sipping bubbly to celebrate the happy couple all willpower disappeared!

I did get some good walks in this week, and spent yesterday batch-cooking so I've got some easy and tasty food ready for the week.

Yes, its amazing how that opens up the snacking. I hit a day of that near thanksgiving. A couple of drinks, and I ate too many olives, cheese and crackers - darn it.
  • mamabearangie
    mamabearangie Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hello Diligent December group!

Highest: 375 (January 2018)
    SW: 353.1
    GW: 160

11/1: 353.1

12/1: 342
    12/7: 339.1

December End Weight Goal: 332

Goals / Plans:
    - Continue fasting 20 hours a day with a 4 hour (or less) eating window.
    - Track everyday
    - Exercise everyday - walking, kettle bell, thera-band - get my steps in
    - Be more present in this group!
    - Work on house everyday
    - Reach my goal at work everyday

I am continuing my 20 hour daily clean fasts and still loving it!! Yay!!
    Smooches to everyone!