Women 200lb+, Let's Be Diligent This December!!!

Options

Replies

• AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    I realized that I had gotten really sloppy on logging, and asked why and realized that it had to do with some food-related trauma, and so I've set my calories to maintenance, am eating what I want within reason, and am just making it a point to log. I don't have to lose pounds this month. I can lose later when this panic subsides. All I need to do is not gain, and I won't if I log and stay under the number. (Given I was pretty comfortable at 1000 calories less, that's going to be easy.)
  • MaxCat1000
    MaxCat1000 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'2"
    Highest: 350 (approx. 2013)
    SW: 274 (Sept. 30/20)
    GW: 180 (Mar. 31/22)
    This month:
    Nov. 26: 256.1, DAC 1761
    Dec 1: 254.8, DAC: 1720
    Dec 8: 254.8, DAC: 1757
    Dec 15:
    Dec22:
    Dec 29:
    December goals:
    Weight: 250
    Daily Average Calories: <1750
    Other: saying No, thank you! And getting A1C down to 6 by February (next time I am tested)

Holding steady, so that's good! I am struggling with wanting to have more than I need to eat. Like, I had supper, and was full, really, but still wanted to have something else. Mostly carbs, like chips, which I don't have in the house, or a sandwich and things like that. I am type 2 diabetic, so those are things I need to cut down on, but the other things that I would have instead have too much sodium, and too much fruit puts my sugar too high...sigh... I am trying to plan my meals and it helps, but still there are days!

So it was kind of disheartening to see that I stayed the same, but I worked it out and on average since the end of September (10 weeks), I have lost 2.2 lbs/week, which is better than I thought. That cheered me a little!

And I sure do empathize with those of you that have said they haven't seen themselves at a "normal" weight for their height since they were young. I kind of remember being in jr. high, and at about 130 lbs being thought overweight!
  • KMC55
    KMC55 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hello December (and the last month of a bad year - 2021 may not be a switch to flip but a girl can dream)

December 1st Check In

Highest: 272.2 (August 2019)

10/1: 239.4
    11/1: 238.0
    12/1: 236.7
    12/2: 234.1(+1.8lbs from last week / -38.1lbs total loss)
    12/09: 232.3 (-1.8lbs / -40.8lbs total)

December Goal: 230lbs

Goals / Plans:
    - Log all weekend food
    - Keep workouts as a routine

I need to do better with the weekend meals and ensuring that even if it is not a completely healthy meal, that I track the calories and make the best choices possible. That is where I struggle with tracking and watching calories. If I have something that is difficult to track or has WAY too many calories for my day I just don't bother tracking and eating what I want (more mindfully than in the past but still too much). I need to be more diligent to track everything and be completely honest 7 days a week. If I want a "treat" or a meal that is not completely healthy, that is fine, just track it and remember to do a weekly average instead of a day to day struggle.

I am keeping last week's paragraph because it still resonates so well. I need to just keep doing what I am doing and stay diligent on a daily basis to be mindful of my food choices and listen to my body to eat when I am hungry and not when I'm not.
  • archiv88
    archiv88 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Weigh-in Wednesday for me.

Highest weight: 320 lbs (end of pregnancy weight, June 2020)
    CW: 292 lbs.
    12/2: 289.4
    1st GW: 220 lbs, so I can change blood thinning meds (had deep vein thrombosis in October).
    2nd GW: 180 lbs (weight I was at in high school).
    3rd GW: 160 lbs.

Small weight gain this week. I'm not beating myself up about it. I haven't been able to get out much since we're renovating our dining room and I can't leave my very anxious puppy alone with building materials lying around. I will be able to get out of the house next week though (renos should be done). Found a sweet little trail to walk with my daughter. Just hoping it won't be too cold for her.
  • JAC581
    JAC581 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Weigh-in Wednesday!

Highest weight: 250 lbs (beginning of 2020)
    Starting weight: 247 lbs.

10/09: 247
    11/01: 235.8
    12/01: 232

12/02: 230.8
    12/09: 229.2

It's nice seeing that I've lost 20 lbs. this year, so at least SOMETHING good has come of this year. I haven't been walking too much anymore except on the weekend. Last week was a killer for me, I just got in a horrible funk and took a day and a half off of work and still didn't bother to go out walking, even though the weather was beautiful. I'm doing better this week, though I had a terrible anxiety attack last night. When my mental health is in bad shape, it makes being diligent about my eating/physical health way harder. I haven't given in to any urges to binge, but the food I have been eating lately has maybe not been as nutrient-rich as it could be. Fortunately, I have a phone session with my psych today so I'm sure we will address all of this then.

• goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness @changeforeverlj, I'm so sorry you're dealing with that. Good on you for getting that walk in - the best you can do is the best you can do. Fingers crossed for your quarantined friends, and I hope you stay healthy too.
  • azalea4175
    azalea4175 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    so sorry to hear about your friend @changeforeverlj you must be heartbroken. We are just now starting to get covid cases in my local area (i live in rural Maine) and it is so frightening. Kudos to you to walk off some of that stress. Be kind to yourself, it's been a terrible year. hugs.
  • orangequilt
    orangequilt Posts: 4,188 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear that @changeforeverlj , such a tough time, sending you hugs xxx
  • KMC55
    Options
    Hello, I am Sandy Age: 61
    Height: 5'3"
    Highest: 330 (January 2019)
    SW: 292.9 (today 12/9/2020)
    GW: 180

I was 214 in January of 2020, then starting in March when I lost my business, I stress ate my way back to 292. I was a child care provider, now I guess I am retired. I get up every day and tell myself, food is NOT fixing this and I need to be on program. I know I can do it, I did it. Now enough kicking myself and time to get back down, so when the world opens up I can enjoy it again. I need people by my side... right now I am lost and alone.

You are not alone anymore dear. This group is a wonderful community to lean on. When I start struggling or the voices get too loud I vent random some on here and realize everyone else has the same problems and it helps so much. Hang in there.
  • KMC55
    Options
    @changeforeverlj Hugs and love. You are right food will not fix this, self love and care will. If you need extra rest, then rest. As with all things, this too shall pass.
  • MuttiNM
    MuttiNM Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Weigh in Wednesday

Highest weight: 435 (11/1/18)--lost 50 lbs. by the end of 2018 but got off track and gained back almost 31 lbs.
    SW: 415.8 (4/17/19)

11/30: 184.4
    12/2: 183.4
    12/9: 180.8
    12/16:
    12/23:
    12/30:
    12/31:

Dec. GW: anywhere under 185 would be a win
    GW: 160 (then reevaluate)

Weekly exercise goals (better than last week but still not totally back to normal):
    - exercise bike 5 times per week - 5/5 (but only 30 minutes each time instead of 60)
    - strength training 2 times per week - 2/2 (increased reps or weight on several exercises)
    - chair yoga 4 times per week - 4/4
    - steps onto aerobic step platform twice a day at least 3 times per week - 3/3

As I mentioned last week, my dad tested positive for Covid-19. He started feeling bad just over 2 weeks ago. According to my mom, he finally has started to slowly show a bit of improvement. It sounds like it will be a very long, slow recovery. My mom hasn't been tested but she doesn't sound too good when I talk to her on the phone. She sounds exhausted all the time. It's been hard not being able to go help them but they don't want me there right now. According to the nurse calling each day to check on my dad, unless my mom gets a "negative" test, she needs to quarantine until 12/18. That's still a long time, especially considering how she sounds on the phone. I was tested Sunday and got a "negative" result today so I guess that's something.

@changeforeverlj So sorry to hear about your friend. Hugs to you and her family.

Hope you all are well.