Hello, I’m New

Options
I’m excited to start my journey with these new tools to empower myself. I’m one of those “over 40” that seems to have more trouble shedding pounds than I used to. As a new empty nester, I’m looking to take better care of myself and feel better in my own skin. Love reading these success stories to keep my motivation up!!!

Replies

• Anne56692020
    Anne56692020 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Snap Jen. Day 1 here. I'm worse I'm over 60 and still fighting it. Though I don't believe we can use age as an excuse.
    I know my problem is a newly acquired ( 2 years) sweet tooth & binging on chocolate at work in a nursing home.
  • Liftsalotat5
    Liftsalotat5 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Welcome
    I believe in goals and that’s what helps me push through. When I can see the numbers from workouts and body composition change it gives me fuel to push further
  • AngelaHButterfly
    AngelaHButterfly Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • jenferrn2020
    jenferrn2020 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! Definitely gonna give it my best!
  • Sand_TIger
    Sand_TIger Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Welcome! There really are a lot of good tools here including reading success stories. It's been so motivating for me to see how people of all different shapes sizes and life situations conquer their health issues. I'm over 40 as well and even though the weight is now coming off a little more slowly, it's still definitely coming off. As long as you burn more than you take in, it has to eventually!
  • cargotrailer
    cargotrailer Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Good luck
  • lynneburgess714
    lynneburgess714 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Welcome.
  • phil6707
    phil6707 Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • silkyb1
    silkyb1 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    good luck :)
  • terithackston
    terithackston Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, all. I've been on the free version for about 5 years but just upgraded to premium after trying Noom for a week. I didn't learn anything new there in the one-week trial and realized that food logging in My Fitness Pal was easier and more useful. So I thought I'd stick with what was familiar and friendly, and upgrade.
  • ggeise14
    ggeise14 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Another empty nester here. Welcome!
  • FABRICWOMAN
    FABRICWOMAN Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    MFP has been a heaven sent, and this is not my first rodeo on the weight loss journey. I'm just in the right mind set now. Lost 67 lbs. since 7/16/20 by tracking my food, reading the different motivational/health/fitness blogs offered here. Not to mention the other members I have met along the way who offer encouragement and comradery to help me along this new lifestyle journey. Best of luck to you on your journey. I know you will enjoy it, if you put the effort and work into it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!