Seeking accountability buddy!

Hello! I’m a 41F on a journey to lose about 25 pounds. I would love to have some support and encouragement along the way! It can be so helpful to motivate each other and hold one another accountable!! I see there’s lots of interest in this so I figured I’d post something here and give it a shot! Let me know if you’re ready to do this!! :)

Replies

• Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    edited December 2020
    Hi. I'm looking for something like that too. Not so much for accountability, but I feel the need for a cheering squad.
    I'll cheer you on and remind you of any accountability goals you tell me.
    I have a bigger goal than you. I expect it to take about a year and a half.
    Oh, and if it matters, 50+F.
  • mojgan
    mojgan Posts: 3 Member
    Awesome! Just messaged you, Robin :)
  • caitwence300
    caitwence300 Posts: 14 Member
    edited December 2020
    Hey I need someone like that too 😢 I been doing this 1200 calorie a day diet and i actually gained 2kg after 14 days can y'all tell me what y'all eating cause obviously I ain't doing it right
  • mojgan
    mojgan Posts: 3 Member
    @caitwence300, I’ll message you!
  • mrgmcdgll
    mrgmcdgll Posts: 3 Member
    Hey there
    I’m looking to lose approx 25lbs
    I’m in my 40s have 3 kids and said yes to the popcorn on movie nights once too many times this year and the yoga pants never alerted me to weight gain ...so I’m Looking for buddies so I don’t feel like I’m the only one who has to say no to goodies and log my food

I lost 20lbs on fitpal about 8 years ago
  • Robin_Bin
    Hey I need someone like that too 😢 I been doing this 1200 calorie a day diet and i actually gained 2kg after 14 days can y'all tell me what y'all eating cause obviously I ain't doing it right

A variety of things can change your weight - how much you just drank, time of day, what you're wearing. The short term doesn't matter as much as the long term.

That said, there could be a different problem. A hormonal problem - check your health with a doctor - if that's a possibility. Or you may be counting calories incorrectly - for instance a cup of mac & cheese can have anything from under 200 calories to over 400 depending on the ingredients and how it was made. (Remember a pint of water weighs about a pound. So if you just drank or ate, that shows up on the scale even if it's not part of your body.) Have you been at your normal activity level? Some people think that eating too few calories can put your body into "starvation mode" and your body energy levels slow down to save calories. I don't know if that's true, but some people do report losing weight faster by eating a bit more and exercising.

People are different. You'll have to find what works for you. But give it a bit longer. My theory is that if you lose weight too fast, your body still "thinks" it should weight more, and it will be harder to keep it off. Even if that's not true, expecting to see instant results is a receipe for disappointment. You'll get there.
  • Robin_Bin
    mrgmcdgll wrote: »
    Hey there
    I’m looking to lose approx 25lbs
    I’m in my 40s have 3 kids and said yes to the popcorn on movie nights once too many times this year and the yoga pants never alerted me to weight gain ...so I’m Looking for buddies so I don’t feel like I’m the only one who has to say no to goodies and log my food

I lost 20lbs on fitpal about 8 years ago

Don't completely deprive yourself. Find other treats - some food, some non-food. Remember popcorn is low-cal - the butter and additives may not be - you can find receipes for good popcorn spices/flavorings that keep it low-cal.
  • Robin_Bin
    Good luck everyone!
    Send a message, if you want me as a cheering buddy.