Protein free dinner ideas?

Options
So I have 600 calories left for the day, one meal to go - but I am already over on protein for the day, (i had parma ham and mozarella for lunch, and an egg and wholemeal toast for breakfast). Can anyone give me some ideas for dinner?
Please?

Replies

• jfinnivan
    jfinnivan Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Going over on protein is usually not a problem. The MFP default is pretty low anyway.
  • smitchell37
    smitchell37 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Were you told not to go over protein? I go over all the time and am not worried about it. The more protein the better I say
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Have you ever tried spaghetti squash? put a little chunky veggie sauce on it with some extra steamed zucchini and a side of oven roasted lemon pepper asparagus. That's a whole lot of veg, but would be totally filling.... perhaps even a reduced fat crescent roll or two
  • jtapp9
    jtapp9 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    If I had to go over on one macronutrient it would be protein. I wouldn't let that number control what you have for dinner. Just make sure it is still healthy and you are good to go!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about being over on protein - anything up to 150g is good!

But if you insist - spaghetti or rice with a tomato or vegetable sauce. No cheese :wink:
  • gianna42
    gianna42 Posts: 5,991 Member
    Options
    Were you told not to go over protein? I go over all the time and am not worried about it. The more protein the better I say

Agree^.

Protein helps to keep me full, and as long as I'm eating healthy carbs/fats and limiting sugars, etc, I don't worry about going over.
  • doobabe
    doobabe Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    There is NO such thing as "too much protein" NO SUCH thing................ Eat lots of it!!!!!!
    My goal is to be OVER 100g/ day and Im not a big person!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Homemade vegetable soup. Look for a recipe online with the ingredients you like. You can add some white beans to it to make it more filling. Since it doesn't contain animal protein it won't hurt.
    Grilled Eggplant with 2 oz Whole Wheat pasta and light tomato sauce with zucchini, yellow squash, onions, peppers and carrots is one of my favorite meals and very filling .
  • campi_mama
    campi_mama Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    If I had to go over on one macronutrient it would be protein. I wouldn't let that number control what you have for dinner. Just make sure it is still healthy and you are good to go!
    This^^^
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    carbs and sugar dont go over, protein go nuts!! leaner is better............chicken/fish
  • feliciapeters
    Options
    Over on Protein is a GOOD thing........feeds those muscles you've been working out. Protein feeds muscle & muscle burns fat. MFP is kinda low on protein. There really isnt any such thing as "too much" protein. Im almost always triple protein.
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Well if you really don't want protien, you could have some kind of veggie soup, or stir fry..
  • jamielise2
    jamielise2 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Too much protein is not an issue, but if you'd like to stay meatless I've posted a recipe on this site for Mediterranean Sweet Potato Tagine (which is basically couscous, garbanzo beans, tomatoes, onions, and sweet potatoes). It's REALLY tasty and only 290 calories for a HUGE portion.
  • wendyc122005
    Options
    I believe that in this case the goal protein is the minimum not the max.
  • spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Protein and Fiber are set at minimums, I see no problem with going over and putting them in the red. It is a goal I have every.single.day--eat more protein and fiber than MFP says....
  • jamja
    jamja Posts: 190
    Options
    Exceed your protien and have a good healthy meal.
  • Seagazer
    Options
    Thank you all! I'm spoilt for choice now ! The only other time I was on a diet, was when I was 17, and put on a high protein diet, so I have been struggling occasionally keeping within the boundaries on here. Thanks for explanations and ideas...I've got a lot of calories left to play with .
  • staceyriley9081
    staceyriley9081 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have went over my protein but I am trying to lose weight does more protein not help gain?
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I have went over my protein but I am trying to lose weight does more protein not help gain?
    Only in a calorie surplus. And as many have said, the protein goals MFP sets are SUPER low. Too low to be healthy, actually.
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options

No.

A calorie surplus helps you gain weight. Being under on your calories, but over on the ridiculously low amount of protein set as the standard "goal" on this site will do you no harm whatsoever.