I deleted Facebook.

2»

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    CacoEther wrote: »
    I literally only still have fb so i can spy on my exes

What happened to the good old days when if you wanted to spy on your exes, you hunkered down in a bush with a pair of binoculars across from their apartment? People have it so easy these days.

I'm sure some people still do that.....

btw... I simply love what Caco has done with those throw pillows and duvet cover.
  • CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member

What happened to the good old days when if you wanted to spy on your exes, you hunkered down in a bush with a pair of binoculars across from their apartment? People have it so easy these days.

I mean I would still do that if I wanted to see the *real* versions of them but it’s only the sickeningly happy online versions of them that make them stalkworthy 😏
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,862 Member
    Only use it for messenger. I haven't posted anything at all in like a year I think.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    @stevehenderson776 You've got the take on everything. B) Caller ID eliminated hang-ups. Wildlife cameras stopped the hiding in the bushes and social media has replaced everything else.
  • CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »

I'm sure some people still do that.....

btw... I simply love what Caco has done with those throw pillows and duvet cover.

Psht, only my happiest online self has throw pillows
  • jgreyxo29
    jgreyxo29 Posts: 7 Member
    That’s awesome. Good for you. I deleted Instagram and Facebook almost 3 years ago and it was the best decision I’ve ever made. I think social media is toxic
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    jgreyxo29 wrote: »
    That’s awesome. Good for you. I deleted Instagram and Facebook almost 3 years ago and it was the best decision I’ve ever made. I think social media is toxic

My husband did too, completely deleted everything and said same thing you did about that decision.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    I enjoy FB only because of a couple contacts I still have. Most of the others were from years and years ago and I just do not care. Is it easy enough to delete them, will they know(not that I should care really)? I'll have to check that out. :)
    It always cracked me up when peoples' friend lists reached gigantic proportions. Really?
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    I just wanted to report that I hadn’t posted on FB in months until yesterday when one of my dogs was lost for several hours. After using FB for about 6 hours, my sister — who had been helping me and was really so wonderful throughout— blocked me from tagging her in posts. 6 hours. *kitten* Facebook. What a joke. I have enough real-world drama to deal with. But it is useful when you lose a pet.
  • chuckle_bunny
    chuckle_bunny Posts: 496 Member
    I used to work at da 'Book (as we called it)

You can't delete it.

Trust me. I'm sorry.

• chuckle_bunny
    chuckle_bunny Posts: 496 Member
    I just wanted to report that I hadn’t posted on FB in months until yesterday when one of my dogs was lost for several hours. After using FB for about 6 hours, my sister — who had been helping me and was really so wonderful throughout— blocked me from tagging her in posts. 6 hours. *kitten* Facebook. What a joke. I have enough real-world drama to deal with. But it is useful when you lose a pet.
    Can you really blame her? What were you thinking t-t-ta-TAAGGING (I can't even say it) a relative in a post?! That's how Cain fell out with Abel.
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,090 Member
    Never had Facebook, Twitter or IG.

• Liftsalotat5
    Liftsalotat5 Posts: 21 Member
    My small group of fb friends are actually my friends. I don’t “collect” or “auto-accept”
    It keeps things simple
  • XxFunctionalStrengthxX
    XxFunctionalStrengthxX Posts: 2,466 Member
    edited December 2020
    Haven't had a Facebook or Twitter account in years. I do have Instagram but I mostly follow businesses and a few friends. But, rarely post.
  • accio_doughnuts
    accio_doughnuts Posts: 88 Member
    I’ve taken extended breaks from all social media. A lot happened this year, and the negativity and hate is everywhere.
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    I have friends and family in far-flung places and enjoy Facebook for keeping in touch with them. Most of the friends I have I know personally, except for a few from here and a few other online sources. I don't really understand the people who are up in arms about the politics...or anything really. To each his or her own. I enjoy Twitter immensely - and recently discovered that one of my FAVORITE Tweeps is a neighbor which makes me chuckle when I see friends posting his Tweets. My IG is set to private and I share mostly hiking and family photos with a select group. I realize the whole social dilemma issue: if it's free then YOU are the product, lol. C'est la vie.

Oh, and stalking exes. I love what you have done with the bathroom @accio_doughnuts!
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    jqk6t9idsg9d.jpeg