Feeling down

Options
Hey all, I've been eating way over my calories for the last week, between 2000-2500 when I'm supposed to be at around 1500. I'm binging and my sweet smooth has been really bad. I have been stressed with uni work as I'm a full time student and single mum. I don't know what to do ๐Ÿ˜” im really struggling

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,944 Member
    Options
    Did you set your Goals to "Lose 1 pound per week?" as the Goal Wizard suggests when you are setting things up?

Did you set your Activity Level to either "Lightly Active" or "Active?" NOT Sedentary?

Do that and see how many calories you get.

With knowing nothing about you we aren't going to be much help. If you already are set at "Lose 1 pound per week," then you have a 500 calorie built-in buffer (500 calories per day times 7 = One pound loss per week, so you are eating at close to Maintenance calorie when you eat 2000-2500.)...If you are set at "Lose 2 pounds per week," you may be set too aggressively and that will make sticking to your Goal very hard.

What's your age, height and current weight?
  • niamhdean97
    niamhdean97 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Did you set your Goals to "Lose 1 pound per week?" as the Goal Wizard suggests when you are setting things up?

Did you set your Activity Level to either "Lightly Active" or "Active?" NOT Sedentary?

With knowing nothing about you we aren't going to be much help. If you already are set at "Lose 1 pound per week," then you have a 500 calorie built-in buffer (500 calories per day times 7 = One pound loss per week, so you are eating at close to Maintenance calorie when you eat 2000-2500.)...If you are set at "Lose 2 pounds per week," you may be set too aggressively and that will make sticking to your Goal very hard.

Hi, I have it set to 1.5 pound a week and lightly active. I am 23, 5 ft 9, and I weight 12 stone, 7 pounds :) thank you for commenting
  • cugogirl2017
    cugogirl2017 Posts: 8,764 Member
    Options
    I think it is good you reached out. Try not to be hard on yourself during these trying times. Others on this site are good at helping with caloric goals and activity levels etc, and I invite their help with this. I would say try to have ready to eat healthy options. For me when I get sad or stressed I reach for higher calorie foods which gets me way off my goals. Therefore, I try not to have them around in the house, I try to have apples or raw almonds, decaf tea, carrots, humus, avocados, healthier options I can reach for that may help me stay satisfied longer. Some of the things I mentioned are high calorie so watch the portions but I think you get my idea. I have been recently struggling and I also find taking my dog on long walks helps me to feel better about life and it's good for both of us. Good luck to you, I hope that helps, I don't want to sound judgemental or bossy, just offering things that help me. Good luck, you aren't alone and remember we all have a less than ideal eating day, just try to do better the next meal or the next day (whichever comes first.)
  • Oliveciabatta
    Oliveciabatta Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    At 5 9 and 12.7 you are already slim so don't worry too much. Focus on you for a few days and as others say set to .5 or 1lb a week max fir a few weeks and if you go over a day or 2 so what move on font beat yourself up and treat the next day as a new start.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,944 Member
    Options

Hi, I have it set to 1.5 pound a week and lightly active. I am 23, 5 ft 9, and I weight 12 stone, 7 pounds :) thank you for commenting

Thank you for that additional info.

I agree with the post above. At your weight you should not be trying to lose 1.5 pounds per week. Set it to "Lose 0.5 pound per week," and Lightly Active (though with your school and a young one, I think "Active" would be more accurate.)

It will give you more than 1500 calories.

When/if you do any additional purposeful exercise, log that and eat more on those days.

I think you'd still lose on 1800-2000 plus more on exercise days and you wouldn't get so hungry that you swing between the under-eating (1500) and the over-eating you think you're doing. The extra 300 calories is a huge amount of food! You've set your goals too low and so of course it's going to be hard to stick to it.

Slow and steady wins the race.

• AshHeartsJesus
    AshHeartsJesus Posts: 460 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Up your lean meat intake and see if that helps! Make sure to eat three meals a day and a snack to help keep the binge urges away. Strength training with one or two cardio workouts during the week will help! Walk with your kiddos if you can!Hugs it will all work out
  • niamhdean97
    niamhdean97 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much for your replies! I have changed my goal to 1 pound a week and the calories are a lot more realistic for me.

Thank you all so much! ๐Ÿ˜Š