Eating

Options
Does anyone get extremely hungry after working out. I work out at Curves 3 times a week and then I work out to Jillian Michaels the other 3 days and take 1 day off.

After I work out at Curves, when I come home, I am just starving??

Is that normal?? Does anyone else have this problem??

Replies

• jessica_2002
    Options
    Does anyone get extremely hungry after working out. I work out at Curves 3 times a week and then I work out to Jillian Michaels the other 3 days and take 1 day off.

After I work out at Curves, when I come home, I am just starving??

Is that normal?? Does anyone else have this problem??
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    absolutely! I'm ready to eat a horse after a workout. Eat slowly though, when you're really hungry, it takes up to 20 minutes for your brain to realize you're full. Course if you're meals are planned ahead (like mine), that's not an issue cuz you are eating the right amount anyway.
  • snowbune27
    snowbune27 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    It's so funny that you mention this, I am always soooo hungry WHILE I workout. I hate it because I get so hungry sometimes I stop my workout early so I can go eat.

I've tried eating before hand, but then I get cramps... even if it's only a tablespoon of peanutbutter.
    darn!:ohwell:
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    I'm the opposite. I was just thinking about it last night about 30 minutes after I got finished running. I think exercise decreases my appetite.
  • nebraskaavonlady
    Options
    I totally agree. I am always hungry after curves. I try to have a yogurt before I workout.
    I think some of it is when I get home it is "supper time" . So of course I'm hungry.:smile:
  • jessica_2002
    Options
    I go to works right after I am done working, so my last meal that I eat before I work out is at lunch time.

But I know when I am doing the work out, I am not hungry....I get hungry about 30 mins after I am done working out.

I try to drink 2 bottles of bottled water before I work out so that I dont dehydrate and that also fills me up, but that doesnt seem to help with my appetite.

I must say, that drinking the 2 waters helps me get thru my work out and I tend to work a lot harder at Curves