What are your favorite Air Fryer recipes?

Options
I just got an air fryer this morning and I'm excited to cut out the oil for frying, so I figure the best place to ask would be here since we're all calorie conscious. So what's your favorite recipes?

Replies

• springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,473 Member
    Options
    French fries with a small spritz of olive oil

Chicken breast with simple seasoning of Lawry’s or lemon pepper. Can be reused lots of different ways later in the week.

Pork loin cut into 1” thick medallions, basted with BBQ sauce, Kroger Asian Chili, Kroger Thai Peanut sauce, or a mix of marmalade/Dijon/herbs de Provence/salt/pepper. Or sub applesauce or raspberry jam.

Hamburgers (I make my fries first, then put them in the over at 375 to stay crisp til the burgers are ready)

Steaks

Halloumi cheese cut into slices. It puffs up so yummy and crusty in an air fryer.

Have reheated grilled cheese sandwiches in it and they were great.

Baked potatoes from an air fryer are the best.

Air fryers are so quick and simple to use, and generally don’t require any oils at all. Best kitchen invention in decades!!!!!
  • singer201
    singer201 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I also have a new airfryer. The best recipe I've tried so far is a thick or thin cut pork loin chop. Dry the meat, rub with a little olive oil, coat with whatever seasoning you like. Airfry at 400F, 20 minutes for thick (1.5+") or 12 minutes for thin (1" or less), turning at the halfway point. Remove and cover for a few minutes. Results in the juiciest, most delicious pork chops I have ever eaten.
  • LunaTheFatCat
    LunaTheFatCat Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Roast potatoes - quarter them, boil for 5 mins max, tiny bit of oil and seasoning and then 20 mins in the air fryer
    Halloumi - cut in fingersize strips, dips in egg and then seasoned breadcrumbs and then 8 mins in the fryer
    Chicken breast strips - same as the halloumi
    Kale chips - my teen's favourite, haven't tried myself yet.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,626 Member
    Options
    Skin on chicken such as thighs, drumsticks or wings. The air fryer is great at getting rid of subcutaneous fat rendering the skin thin and crispy. I like todust the chicken pieces in some salt, some potato starch, and a tiny bit of baking powder which reduces the pH of the skin so that it crisps up more. Air fry 20 minutes or so until internal temperature is close to 70C. Toss in your favourite BBQ type sauce. Then air fry another 5 minutes to caramelize the sauce. If cooking for a crowd you might need to do the initial cook in batches, but I find that is not necessary for the last caramelization step.

Fast baked potato. Prick with a fork, and microwave 2-3 minutes. Then finish 15-20 minutes until soft in the air fryer to give them a crumblier texture than microwave jacket potato.

Roast beef dinner. When doing a roast beef dinner for 4 in my tiny air fryer, I put thinly sliced carrots or parsnips tossed in olive oil *underneath* the basket. Then I can fit a 600g boneless roast beef in the basket along with potatoes cut into 1 inch chunks. Par boiled the cubed potatoes for 2-3 minutes and toss in some fat before scattering around the meat in the air fryer. Roast beef dinner is ready in about 25 minutes. If you want more veg, sautee some spinach on the stove top and make some tomato salad while everything else roasting is in the air fryer.