NEW LOWDOWN ON HCG

Options
I just read this whole article...very interesting:

http://health.yahoo.net/experts/joybauernutrition/hcg-diet-hip-or-hype

Here is the Gist of it though:

What are the pros for this diet?

None that I can think of!

How about the cons?

The drops and injections are useless and expensive. And, if you’re using the real hormone injections, they may cause unpleasant side effects like acne, hair growth, or more serious effects.

If you’re only eating 500 calories a day, you’re going to be so hungry and deprived that your efforts will more than likely backfire and lead to binging, and consequently, regaining all the weight you worked so hard to lose. Plus, extreme calorie deprivation and low blood sugar leaves you feeling terrible. You’ll feel weak, exhausted, moody, and foggy-brained. It’s definitely not worth the suffering.

Losing weight at a healthy pace with a sustainable plan—which includes at least 1,000 calories of healthy, real food per day, along with regular exercise—is definitely the way to go if you’re looking for long-term results.

Replies

• bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    you were looking to get a thread pulled, huh?
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this new information. Very helpful.
  • ValorieSalcido
    ValorieSalcido Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I've read about that diet and have had friends do it and they totally rebound. It's risky, expensive and stupid (IMO). I would never try anything like that just to be thin. Being healthy is better than being skinny.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Was there new information out there on the Tape worm diet?