Anyone who gave up something for Lent?

Options
chulie
chulie Posts: 282
Just checkin in to see how people are doing who gave stuff up for Lent? I gave up chocolate which SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!! I have never craved chocolat milk so bad in my life as I have right now.....and because I know I can't have it...it's worse! BOOOOOOO.....hahahaha....

What are you doing to help with what you've given up?

Replies

• chulie
    chulie Posts: 282
    Options
    Just checkin in to see how people are doing who gave stuff up for Lent? I gave up chocolate which SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!! I have never craved chocolat milk so bad in my life as I have right now.....and because I know I can't have it...it's worse! BOOOOOOO.....hahahaha....

What are you doing to help with what you've given up?
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I gave up ice cream and am doing fine!!! :drinker: I have a sweet tooth and usually have a small serving of Edy's slow churned ice cream in the evenings............BUT, right now I am having a little Jello Pudding Cup or something like that!! LOL! It's all good. :wink:

I gave up chocolate one year!! It was tough, but I did it!!!! :laugh:
  • Cyndi1
    Cyndi1 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I am doing the something- no junk and no Tim Horton's coffee...It's getting better the first couple of days were hard. you can do it.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I was gonna resurrect a Lent thread but didn't.... lazy. haha

I gave up Facebook.
    Added in more daily prayer.

Doing well with the non-Facebooking. Taking advantage of Sundays for a quick peek.
    Haven't been praying adequately. (20 sec is not enough... need to buckle down.)

As an added bonus, I cut my hair to donate to Pantene Beautiful Lengths (wigs for cancer patients).
    Link about that here:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/43284-just-5-more-and-we-ve-got-a-wig-pics
  • happenstance82
    Options
    I didn't give up anything for Lent, but this week my boyfriend and I are eating Pescatarian(as a way to cleanse and re-energize) It's going great though, I think I could eat like this forever!

You are amazing for giving up chocolate!!!!!
  • amccarville
    amccarville Posts: 185
    Options
    I gave up pop, which I really dont drink all that much but diet cherry pepsi was becoming a weekly treat. I also gave up drinking alcohol. ok so not totally I can have a few beers on Sat. but that is it.:drinker:
  • marisol7649
    marisol7649 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I did not think about it. When is lent?lol
  • happenstance82
    Options
    PS-you are ALL amazing for giving something up! :heart:
  • tabchanges
    tabchanges Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    I went Vegetarian for lent. :grumble:

haha, no i love it. <3
  • calicowgirl0582
    Options
    I gave up:

Soda
    Coffee
    Expresso

It's killing me! At least the headache finally went away, but I had that for 6 days . . . Yuck!!! Enjoying tea as a replacement, but not sure how long that will last . . . I'm running out of ideas to drink besides water . . .
  • menjivas
    menjivas Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I gave up my biggest vice, alcohol. I am glad to say that in the past week I've lost a 1.5 pounds and I think it's because I gave it up.
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    I gave up "white" carbs (white flour, pasta, rice), "red" meat (beef and pork), milk chocolate, and soda.
    I also am doing exercise AT LEAST 4 times a week and attendin religious services.
  • andreawantstolose
    Options
    i gave up peanut butter, which is my favorite food EVER!i usually eat it every day on something... even silly combinations with it like animal crackers with peanut butter and cool whip, or i put some on dry special k chocolatey delight cereal!!i miss it so much!but at least my daily fat intake has gone down..hahah:smile:
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Sugar.

I am DYING.
  • Lizjkp
    Lizjkp Posts: 278
    Options
    I gave up diet Coke:explode: and ice cream:noway: I also have a sweet tooth, but find that one square of dark chocolate:heart: every now and again is just enough, BUT the weight is still not coming off:noway: :grumble: :explode: .

Families are like fudge:tongue: ………….mostly sweet, with a few nuts :heart: .
  • megancolleen
    Options
    I got up.. Ice cream, candy, butter and bread from a loaf haha
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    I gave up pop and junk food.............first few days were rough but 4 months later I do not miss them at all!!
  • JazzyGirl15
    Options
    I am trying to give up wine - I don't think it's going to last.... probably will stick with 6 oz/day or less or just on the weekends. I'm trying to get pregnant too, so I don't want to totally give up wine before I have to... :wink:

I took on getting my dog certified as a therapy dog, and my goal is to have that complete by the end of Lent. We're halfway there already... :bigsmile:
  • bonniejo
    bonniejo Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I gave up desserts, but not completely. As long as it's a spoonful or less, I can eat it. So I don't feel too deprived. I can still have a hershey's kiss or a bite of someone elses ice cream. My roomie gave up swearing though, and she's having a really hard time! :laugh:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    My DH gave up pasta!! Trust me that is a TOUGH one for him!! :laugh: :laugh: