Can you feel when something is off?

Options
chuckle_bunny
chuckle_bunny Posts: 496 Member
You ever known someone, or maybe you are that person, who will stop in the middle of a conversation and say "wait. you feel that? 👀"

And you start looking around wondering what they're talking about and they go "something is off"

And you're like wtf is going on???

Some people say they can feel when the energy in a room is off, but there's like no one around though lol. Do you believe this?

Replies

• stevehenderson776
    stevehenderson776 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    No.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    No.

All that negative/positive energy stuff is a bit too hippie-dippy New Agey for me. It mostly seems like another excuse for people to externalize blame.
  • CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    Options
    I have a friend like this. She goes beyond just reading a room, she will literally ask it questions. She’ll stand up, close her eyes, and ask a question, then determine the answer based on which way her body sways. She’s super into it but idk, when she starts with that I’m like the *kitten* you doing, knock that off and go grab those scones you offered ya weird bat
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    ive been in places where I felt "watched" before at least

the same recurring areas I mean

like when I was a kid at my grandma's there were two areas of her house it always felt like there were eyes on you. in this long hallway leading to the back of the house and then the spare bedroom at the end of that hallway. idk what it was or why it always felt like that. but I know I wasn't the only one who ever had that feeling there
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    I'm only like that with people, not places.

I also don't go out of my way to "communicate" with the person, ask them a bunch of questions or otherwise show people that I am, in any way, crazy.

But yes, I believe that people can maybe lowkey sometimes tell when something is "off" at a place. A general feeling of unease, or that you're being watched, that kind of thing.

Nothing so grand as believing it's a portal to Hell, a time slip or that there's something fantastical about the place.
  • CaramonM
    CaramonM Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I think fear arises in situations where you may have subconsciously determined a threat. For example, getting ready to start down an alley or some other area where your emotion kicks in before your cognition and complete awareness. Your brain processes a lot of information which doesn't always reach the surface, and in dangerous situations I think people can experience a sort of alarm without knowing exactly why.
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    Options
    When the shooting of Michael Brown in Ferguson happened. I had to drive by the area where they were protesting. The shift in the atmosphere was undeniable. Things didn't feel right. I could feel the hate, the anger.... it was something I never want to ever feel again. As soon as I left the surrounding area those feelings were gone. I can also sense it when it comes with a person. I feel it through the tone of the conversation and their change in mood when we talk. So to answer your question, I think I do.
  • Yoshiboobs
    Yoshiboobs Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    The vibes bra, they do be vibin’
  • ermengarde22
    ermengarde22 Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    if someone stopped in the middle of a conversation and asked me if i just felt the energy change i prolly think they were having a stroke or something but try to be cool about it so not to freak them out, like ‘sure i smell burnt toast too, hey let’s go sit down and maybe call paramedics’

but if u asking if i see ghosts sometimes, then yes
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    I worked front desk at a business hotel. We had a room where probably 40% of guests assigned to it would go to the room, come back down and request another room but they rarely would give us a reason why.

Someone had taken their life in that room, so we never hesitated to fulfill requests of moving out of it.
  • Sophisticatted_Gentlemanz
    Options
    Yes
  • Revolu7
    Revolu7 Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    I believe the subconscious makes people either feel what they wish to feel, or what they wish they didnt feel. Based on mood and circumstance.
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I can feel when food is off, does that count?

Getting vibes from people is normal, and I always take those into account. It's the brain picking up on body language that's too subtle to register consciously.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    You ever known someone, or maybe you are that person, who will stop in the middle of a conversation and say "wait. you feel that? 👀"

When I read that much and no more, I immediately thought yes!
    I’d never been in earthquake until a few years ago. The first one, I fell to my knees. I thought it was a bomb. After that, for a
    Long time, I would feel earthquakes that other people didn’t feel. Would look it up the next day, and sure enough, there was a smallish quake at exactly that time, maybe 50 miles away.
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options
    I’ve definitely felt it but usually not in the middle of a conversation with someone, and most often when I was an adolescent and my bedroom was in a creepy basement.

I feel something is off when there’s someone walking behind me because I’ve been assaulted.

I feel there’s something off when I’m hiking and I hear what I imagine to be bears or hear nothing and think I feel bears.

At night when I walk into my living room in the dark I sometimes feel something off but I’m not sure if it’s really an energy change in the room or chemical change in my head. Or it could be a dog staring at me from some dark corner.