I'm 23, 5'8", 153lbs, goal=135-140.. anyone else?

Options
Hi, everyone!

I'm new to the MFP (just joined 2 days ago), and I was looking for friends whose weight or weight loss goals were similar to mine.

Age doesn't matter to me :D
But I'm taller.. around 5'8" & currently weigh 153ish.
I'd like to get down to around the upper 130's or 140lbs.

I love running! It's a new found passion of mine. I just recently ran a 5k a few weeks ago and I'm looking forward to completing more races in the future. I'm looking for anyone who needs/gives motivation!! I really like cheering people on and I'm definitely in need of a little cheering myself! :D

Please feel free to say hello or add me as a friend!!

Replies

• dietfree2012
    dietfree2012 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    5'7 trying to get to 135...feel free to add me! i have 15pds to go!!
  • KateHubb
    KateHubb Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    5'7 and 220 pounds :sad:

Goal of 138 which will be -100 pounds. Feel free to add me!
  • banjjo
    Options
    I'm 5'8" too. Love to be of support!
  • girlwapp
    girlwapp Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I'm 21, 5'9", currently 175, trying to get to 165, add me if ya want :)
  • grimms11208
    grimms11208 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hi 5' 9" Goal 140-145 Feel free to add me!
  • FitasBarbie
    FitasBarbie Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" im 158lbs and need to lose 30ish ++lbs :) I'll send you a friend request.
  • SweetP88
    Options
    Hello!! When I started this journey I was 5'8" and 166.2 lbs.....I currently sit at 122lbs!! I also have got the "running bug" and recently completed my first half marathon...set to do another in a couple of weeks (I will also brag that my time was 1:58:48!!!) Feel free to add me and read my blogs!! Good luck and keep focused.....you CAN do it!!
  • LoveLiveLift
    LoveLiveLift Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. We have almost the same exact stats. I'm 23, 5'7, SW was 153, I'm currently around 143 trying to get to 135.
  • cbear017
    cbear017 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Oh, oh, I'm 5'9 and my goal is 135. We can be friends :)
  • katie_rn
    Options
    I'm 5'8''and 25 years old, currently at 153 also and wanting to get to the mid-140's. Glad you joined MFP!! Its good to find others with similar goals for support. Welcome! :-)
  • teamnevergoingback
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and about 190lbs. I do not know what what would be a good weight for me, but I know I want to lose at LEAST 20 lbs and then once I'm 170, we will see where I need to go from there :)
  • vmastudios
    Options
    My name is Veronica, and I'mma newbie as well..about 3 weeks into it.
    I'm 25 and I just had my second son on July 3rd of this year... and my ending weight before I delivered was 180...Today Im just grazzing above 156.
    My beginning weight before my 2nd son was 145, so I have about 10 to go ... but before ANY babies I was 135:) And i really miss them days lol...its a little hard as a latina, cause my family LOVES to cook Puerto Rican food, as much as I love to eat it lol...so this site helps to stay on track:)
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    I'm not even close to new but I'm 23, 5'7" about 155 and trying to get to 135-140. Feel free to add me!
  • Jennifah83
    Jennifah83 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am 27, 5'9" and trying to get to 130lbs. Best of luck!!
  • berv0009
    berv0009 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I am 25 5"9 and trying to get to 135. Currently at 149!

I'll send you a request!
  • hannydee
    Options
    24, 5'8", currently 160ish (I think - due to weigh in officially on Sunday), and ultimate goal of 130. Add me if you like! :)
  • NittyDeFaunque
    Options
    Hey Becca! i'll cheer you on girl!! I started with myfitness pal about 2 weeks ago and it's going great. I too am 5'8 and my starting weight was 148. I weigh myself at the gym every Monday and as of this Monday I lost 4 pounds which felt amazing. I've been working out really hard the last 5 months, I love running like you do, also my gym offers a class called Pump that is basically circuit weight lifting and it's awesome..building some nice strong muscle...feeling like a bit of a bad *kitten*:))... but .I was sooo frustrated because I wasn't seeing a reduction in my weight, I was just eating way too many calories and conteracted everything I was doing in the gym!! but as soon as I started keeping track I felt a difference...keep going hun!! Be really committed with recording your food and keep up the running...a good sweat is great for you mind and spirit. I'm shooting for 134 as well and I feel it in my reach..I've struggled with a yo yo weight for so long and now I feel so uplifted that It's really clicked with me. Tracking calories and good old fashion exercise will make you reach your goal...keep pushing and keep yourself accountable to what you put into your body as fuel....check in and let me know how you're doing!! Natalie