Does strength training count towards calorie/ time goals on

Options
Heading off to the gym right now :smile:

Every time I go, I do a warm up on a cross trainer, then my weight routine (on machines and free weights) then back to the cardio room for a run. I will do weights for 45 minutes, and in between body parts Ill do some steps to keep my heart rate up. I sweat and groan through my weights, but when I log it here, I don't get 'credit' for time or calories burned like I do with my cardio.

Is this right? In terms of eating my exercise calories etc, working towards time goals and of course, weight loss?

I know it is silly - I am doing for this my health, but I do feel cheated when I work so hard and can't log it! :grumble:

Replies

• curryinahurry
    curryinahurry Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hey good job on the 45 mins, I can only do like 10 mins and my arms hurt bad.

I WAS WONDERING ABOUT THIS TOO.

ANYONE KNOW?
  • gogonunubean
    gogonunubean Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Hey good job on the 45 mins, I can only do like 10 mins and my arms hurt bad.

Ha ha, remember this is all my body parts....come the end of it, I can barely lift my arms to wash my hair!
  • gogonunubean
    Options
    bump!
  • jerryellis
    Options
    Use strength training under the cardiovascular and put how many minutes, it will show it that way. Strength training is a sub topic of cardio, its the only way for MFP to count it for you
  • gogonunubean
    Options
    Hurray! Jerryellis - thank you :happy: