Heart Rate Monitor

Options
I am looking for a good heart rate monitor to measure calories..any ideas or suggestions?

Replies

• MrsM1ggins
    MrsM1ggins Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I've seen more recommendations for the Polar FT4 or FT7 than anything else. I have a cheap unbranded one that does the job.
  • msjamartin
    Options
    What about a monitor/calorie counter that doesn't need a chest strap? Any out there? That are any good?
  • iamMaLisa
    iamMaLisa Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Krohnie
    Krohnie Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I think that the ones with the chest strap are way more accurate. If you're worried about comfort with the strap, don't, I forget that I even have mine on sometimes.
  • msjamartin
    Options
    Not comfort so much as time/convienance/ease of use.
  • dmcgoon
    dmcgoon Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I've been told that if they don't have the chest strap that they are innacurate.
  • smcassaro
    smcassaro Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I recently got a Polar FT4 & LOVE IT! It does have a chest strap, but that is what makes it more accurate. :)
  • raevynn
    raevynn Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    I ordered a Polar FT7 from Amazon, and am anxiously awaiting its delivery! :drinker:
  • lotuslion
    Options
    I have a Garmin Forerunner (I think... I can't remember the exact model) - it was a set that came with a foot pod for distance tracking/speed, a heart rate monitor, and a watch. It was pricey, around $200, but I absolutely love it. It's really accurate, the chest band is comfortable, I love that the foot pod can easily switch between my running shoes and my hiking boots, and it comes with a USB stick that will upload all your data onto the computer. The watch bit is the "brains" of the operation, and has different settings for different sports, as well as a virtual competition partner, lap times, pacing, etc. I really like it over the wrist-only HRMs because when biking it was hard for me to press and hold the dang button long enough to get my HR. Plus it seems more accurate. It's pretty convenient - I just strap the chest band on after I put on my sports bra, so it's not a huge bother.