Need tips on gaining weight

Options
Hi I'm 5"11 and am 64kg I'm looking for some ways to best help me gain weight as I've never seemed to be able to gain

Replies

• Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    The very simplest answer is est more calories: more volume (quantity) of food/drinks, eat more frequently, eat foods with higher calories like oils, cheese, nuts, etc. And/or decease the amount of exercise if you are doing a lot now.

How many calories do you currently eat and what types of foods? How active are you?
  • wiigelec
    wiigelec Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    are you lifting weights?
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    And use a food scale. Yes, everyone talks about the food scale for LOSING weight, but it’s a useful tool for GAINING also. Weigh and log your foods so you can track how much weight you theoretically should be gaining. If you don’t know how much of a surplus you are eating in, it will be harder to have an idea of how much weight you should expect to gain.
  • Liftsalotat5
    Liftsalotat5 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    g0yw858qbw0x.png
    I just added this to a random day I previously logged so disregard top bar. But you can see a nice “gainer” example that’s not something like a greasy pizza
  • Liftsalotat5
    Liftsalotat5 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Just put a handful of ice with ingredients into the blender, drink at leisure. Best after a heavy workout
  • shredsx
    shredsx Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    im in a similar situation as you and have found success with lowering my cardio activity and instead doing more heavy lifting at high reps for healthy gain. stick with high protein foods and fatty oils like almond butter and slowly but surely if you’re eating more calories then you’re putting out you’re hopefully going to see that progress you’re striving for.