Women 200lb+, Let's Be Diligent This December!!!

Options

Replies

• changeforeverlj
    changeforeverlj Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies, thank you so much for your kind words and support, they boost me xoxo.
    @MuttiNM Your poor family are dealing with so much x I hope your dad continues to improve, keep reminding your mom to rest, she is obviously soldiering on and forgetting to look after herself! From what I see with some of my friend's the quarantine can also have a mental affect on their health and well being. That's good news about your negative test, keep safe x

I survived my low point without reaching out to food. This morning I was feeling good enough to run and ran for an hour (with a ten minute walk after 40 min) I feel better mentally and physically. Today is my first day of my 10th month of intermittent fasting, calorie counting and exercise. Shedding the weight has done alot for me physically and mentally. I suffered with bad heel pain, thats gone completely! I cope better with stress, sleep better, make better choices. I still have a way to go, the last bit is very, very slow, but I'm ok with that. I'm already researching maintenance. To date I've lost 35.1kgs/77.22 lbs, I seem to be going up and down at the moment daily because I have recorded a bigger loss, but today it was up but still I'm so happy!
  • VickyEltonGreen
    VickyEltonGreen Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Almost the end of my second week and am seeing seeing the results. My jeans are fitting a bit better and also going down on the scale. I have found logging the food helpful.

Slow and steady wins the race but find myself working hard on realistic expectations. I am harder on myself then anyone could be. I want to try an normalize food, move away form the emotional eating and embrace food as it is not that is is somehow alive and has control over me. I am 60 in May and have dieted for 50 years. I have lost then gained then lost and have had my weight be a part of my own dialogue for far too long as a measurement of my own value.
    Can any one else relate?
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Weigh-in day!

Weigh Ins (lbs):
    11/13 (Initial): 252.8
    11/20: 250.4
    11/27: 250.6
    12/4: 250.6
    12/11: 248.0! YAS BIH!
    12/18:
    12/25:

I don't think that's actually 4.8 lbs of fat lost - maybe half of that, at best (I have my goals set to 1/2 lb loss per week). The rest is probably water. But hey! I'll ride this high as long as I can! The next two weeks are going to be tough, because Christmas, although working from home two days a week gives me 40% fewer opportunities to be tempted by doughnuts or whatever treat someone brought in (and turning down treats has gotten easier every time I do it). The downside of that is that I have 40% more opportunities to raid my own fridge throughout the day, but I also have been consistently forgetting to buy snacks at the grocery for the last few weeks, so there's no spoils to be had, LOL.

@IsETHome oof, performance reviews right before the holidays? That's rough. My workplace does them in January and July. (it's based on hire date, we don't have reviews every six months, that would be wild - hires between 1/1 and 6/30 get reviewed in July, hires between 7/1 and 12/31 get reviewed in January)
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Age 49, Height 5'11"
    Highest weight: 225.6lbs (8/28/19)
    Lowest weight: 165lbs

CW: 221.4
    12/1: 221.4
    12/8: 223.0
    12/15 (halfway mark assessment):
    12/22:
    12/29:

Scale is going up but I'm not surprised and I feel okay about it because life is returning to normal after the last two months, which have been bonkers. Normally I make about 2/3 of my total revenue for the year in the last three months of the year, which is crazy enough (I'm an illustrator and I sell gift-y merch with my designs on them). This year I happened to draw something in November that went viral and was shared 100,000+ times on Twitter. In that one month I had 4x more sales than I had in all of the last two YEARS combined. And I couldn't hire anyone to help because my studio is so small that it wasn't possible to get anyone in there and maintain Covid protocols. Between the two of us, my sister and I made and shipped over 5,000 mugs!

I close my shop on Monday and will be taking off at least a month to recharge. I can't wait. :p

My goal is still to get back into the habit of logging my food. And I'm so excited to be home and not living in the Airstream! I'm going to make so many fresh salads and delicious soups that simmer all day!!

💜 Message to myself: discipline is choosing between what you want now and what you want most 💜
  • MaxCat1000
    MaxCat1000 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    @MuttiNM, so sorry to hear about your folks and covid. I know a family of 8 who have all got it. Started with the dad, then of course it went through the whole family. Dad is still in rough shape as are the two eldest daughters (16 & 17). Mom is somewhat recovered, which is good as they also have 4 littles, from 2 to 8 years old. They will ALL be quarantined until the last person no longer has symptoms! Doctor told them Dad and one daughter were probably looking at 6 weeks recovery so they have about a month still to go.

@iloveeggnog I know, i was shocked to realize that it averaged to 2.2/week! But in reality, it's been closer to 1 lb a week as i had lost 3 or 4 lbs a couple of weeks early on. Things have slowed down for sure - this week is looking much like last!

@FABRICWOMAN I believe I shrunk too! I always thought I was 5'3" but apparently I also am 5'2". Are you a quilter too?

Hello to all the newbies newer than me!
  • pamiede
    pamiede Posts: 123 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Happy Weekend❣️

Having a rough weekend due to an infection. But I’m still on the mend. Getting better every day.

Hight: 5’4”
    SW: 4/19 307
    CW: 175
    Goal: 175

Goals:

💚 Maintain weight
    💚 increase fluid intake to 80+/day
    💚 Increase protein intake
    💚 Keep up Rehab exercises

Enjoy your week!
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    I'm doing better with logging, though I want to keep doing it for the rest of December the way I have been so that I really fall back in the habit and give the anxiety time to settle back down. As it turns out I wind up eating about 500-600 below maintenance if I just relax and eat what I want, so to speak. That's nice to know. And I also know if I need to wait until spring to start the weight loss again in a serious way, well, I can do that also and that's okay. I'm fifty pounds down, and if I need to let my mind get stable about being that weight before I go further, that's all right.
  • KMC55
    KMC55 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Last week was a great week with seeing the scale move as it should, getting in more exercise than I though I could and just having an overall great week. Then Friday came, a fight with my hubby, then made up on Saturday but it was time for weekend eating issues, ugh. Now I am at Monday and feel bloated and large and up about 2.5lbs from Friday, grrr. Now I need to buckle down and really stay focused so I feel better and can see a loss this week.

I am currently struggling with Christmas traditions vs. the current reality. Typically for the Holidays, I make a bunch of cookies for work, family, and of course my household (me). This year I don't really have any baking on the agenda and am struggling with feelings of missing out and being "deprived". When of course I am not deprived, and I am not missing out on anything that matters. It is just a bunch of extra sugar that will cause the scale to rise when what I want most is for it to fall. No one is putting any pressure on me to make any cookies, except myself of course. Why? Because that is what I have always done... but I am changing right? With gatherings decreased this year it isn't like I need to make 6 dozen sugar cookies or 5 differently kinds of cookies in mass quantities. I think this is just part of the mental shift from being heavy to focusing on health. Maybe next year it won't be such a mental struggle and I can make a few types of cookies in a rational quantity and be more than happy about it.
  • sandy_in_sandy_land
    Options
    Last week was better than most. 299.2 ended at 284.
  • uyister
    uyister Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Exams are finally over, just waiting for the final results. I have been catching up on sleep all weekend!!

December 2020 stats
    38 years old
    Height: 5' 7"
    SW (6/9/2020): 330.0 lbs
    Month SW (11/28/20): 252.4lbs
    Goal weight: 180 lbs
    11/28: 252.4 lbs
    12/5: 252.0 lbs
    12/12: 252.0 lbs (Weight stayed steady even though I just ate whatever for the week and did not exercise)
    12/19: lbs
    12/26: lbs
    12/31: lbs - Last weigh-in of the year
    1/2/2021: lbs - Saturday weigh-in to complete the week

Weekly and Monthly Goals:
    * Keep logging in MFP
    * Continue the T-25 workouts
    * Do either a quick yoga, stretch, or walk (Reps to the Rhythm) workout in the evenings in addition to my morning workouts
    * Get at least 8 hours of sleep a night (Exams are over, and I have been catching up on sleep!!) 😌🙃

By the end of year Goals:
    * Maybe lose another ~12 lbs (get to ~240lbs) by Dec 31st, 2020 (We'll see if I can make it happen in the next ~2 weeks) ☺
  • jennyell85
    jennyell85 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello. I'm late to this party and new to the forums in general. In the last several months I've gained about 15 lbs due to stress and less activity than usual, and I want to lose about 100lbs overall. I just want to make it through the end of this month and hopefully lose a bit of weight but I'll just be happy to maintain. Trying to keep positive and deal with stress-eating through mindfulness, good habits, and a little bit of willpower.
    I'm 35, and I love dogs, disc golf, strength training, reading, and doing crafts (cross-stitch and knitting/crochet), I'll try to get to know you all over the next little bit.

Height: 5'8"
    CW 268 (Highest ever!)
    GW 160-170 lbs or so

Goals for this week:
    - Track food every day
    - Strength train 3x this week
    - Go for a walk for 3-5 days this week

• JojoInTheForks
    JojoInTheForks Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    @FABRICWOMAN I am amazed by your 60 pound weight loss! Your doctor is going to be floored...cause we all know they expect us to fail in our weight loss attempts and you're going to be able to stand there, proudly and show him how far you've come. It is inspiring!

@IsETHome Performance reviews in December? UGH! We do ours in January so that they are as far away from Christmas bonuses as they could possibly be. That kind of stress would have my weight UP! Good for you for hangin in there!

@goal06082021 4.8 pounds! Take that whoosh!! Like you said, Christmas is gonna be tough, we take those whooshes and celebrate them when we get them!!

@LenGray Best of luck on your finals and congrats on your first weight loss! Pretty phenomenal to be doing these two things at the same time!!

@wanderinglight Congratulations on making it through your busy season! Rest up and I know you'll be back in full force with the scale going down in no time!

@MaxCat1000 1 pound a week is still great!! It may seem slow but that's more than 50 in a year!

@pamiede Sending healthy vibes your way! Glad you're feeling better!!

@AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Your mind set and ability to self-reflect is a great example for all of us. Take good care of yourself!

@KMC55 I have actually increased my baking this year!! Since we won't be able to visit, I am doing drop off baskets. So still making a ton and all different varieties. I cannot keep it in my house or I'd be in to them. But we will have our own basket on Christmas Eve and I'm not gonna limit myself at all. My whole body might revolt if I don't feed it sugar cookies the end of December!! ;)

@uyister Congratulations on finishing exams! Holding steady weight through exams is very impressive!!~

@jennyell85 Never too late for the party! Welcome aboard. This is an incredibly supportive, non-judgmental group that @RavenStCloud puts together every month. Hope you love it!
  • JojoInTheForks
    JojoInTheForks Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday folks...this, once again, is weigh in day for me, a COLD and windy Tuesday!

I'm 45 and 5' 4"
    Highest Weight 250 lbs
    Starting Weight June 1, 2020: 242 lbs
    Starting Weight December 1, 2020: 186 lbs (down 56)
    Current Weight: December 15, 2020: 184 lbs (down 58).

Goal weight: 145 lbs

Goal for December: I'm working with an accountability buddy and we are checking in the week before Christmas. I was hoping to be at 180 by then but it is looking like that is a pipe dream at this point! Then I changed it up and decided to hope for 182 by then, which is 60 pounds, even, lost...but even that seems not likely, alas. So I shall take whatever comes.

So this week wound up being kind of a fun, surprising one! My life is pretty demanding and I don't take goof off time even though I SO appreciate the importance of a fun night of laughter and old friends and foolishness. It's very very rare for me to do so. Saturday my husband invited my brother and sister-in-law over in the afternoon. We broke out the wine and by dinnertime we were kareoke stars and dancing queens! We tried to recall the last time I did a fun night "off" and we figure it was a year ago September when I went on a cousins week and that week I was sick in bed most of the week haha so it wasn't even THAT fun other than getting to spend time with loved ones. Soooo it was long overdue and a great kick start to the holiday season! It reminded me how necessary it is to have fun, foolish times too. I have a girls night with 3 local friends this coming Friday that we do every year. And now I'm looking forward to it even more. I ran Sunday morning after the fun night (while my husband, brother and sister-in-law all spent the day in bed) and proved to myself that foolish and fitness can still go hand in hand!

HOPING for a 2 pound week this week to get me to my 182 pre-Christmas goal BUT so happy with my journey that I won't be disappointed.

Love to you all as you navigate this festive season; that looks so different from other years.
  • uyister
    uyister Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    @iloveeggnog Thank you!! I was grateful to just maintain since I ate a lot of rice!!! Congrats on the loss and I know you can make it a 2 lb week!! Glad you had fun!! We never realize how much we need that release!!

@jennyell85 Welcome! You can do it and this group is so supportive.

@sandy_in_sandy_land Congrats on the loss!! Keep it up!

@KMC55 I understand. My nieces and nephews are upset that they can't all come together and do their Christmas cookie baking, decorating, and/or gingerbread decorating!! We compromised and are all going to be logged in via google hangouts during the baking etc.

@AlexandraFindsHerself1971 That's awesome!! Listen to your mind and body and when you feel ready, continue the process until you get to your ultimate goal.

@pamiede So sorry about the infection. I hope it is all better now.

@wanderinglight Awesome!! Congrats on the sales.

@LenGray Congrats on the weight-loss!! Success with finals!! I finished mine last Friday and have never felt so happy to get 8+ hours of sleep!!

@goal06082021 Awesome job!! Congrats!! I decided to buy a power trail mix (has no candy in it) as my study snack. My 4 y/o niece helped me eat most of the bag!! We were all shocked since it was dried fruit and nuts!!

@IsETHome Bless your heart!! No one likes performance reviews especially if they do not come out to be what was expected or anticipated!! Glad the scale is moving in the right direction.

@FABRICWOMAN Congrats on the loss. I am very sure that your surgeon will be pleased. Success with your goals.

@KMC55 I understand being heavy and not knowing what skinny looks like on you. I think that is why I made my first goal weight 180lbs as that is the weight I kind of remember from my 20's. Not even sure what size I was then (maybe a 14-16)!!

@RavenStCloud Again, Thank you so much for this monthly group!!

One another positive note: I was pleased yesterday to remove about 5 dresses, 3 pairs of shorts, and 4 pants (that have not been adjusted since I started losing weight) from my closet. Some of them, I do not even see a point in trying to take them in. I am now down to XL tops and 2XL bottoms and my dress size is back down from 22-24/26 or 3x to an 18-20 (or 2x) from Lane Bryant (they are already loose though, and may become too big once I lose another 10+ lbs). I really liked those dresses (they were very flattering) and will miss them, but, I am looking forward to buying smaller dresses that are still flattering!! 💃🏾💃🏾💃🏾💃🏾💃🏾

Welcome to all the newbies and Hi to all the oldies! Glad to see so many new and old names on the group!!

Heartfelt wishes and prayers to all who have family and friends that are ill or recovering. Thought and prayers with everyone. 🙏🏾🙏🏾

To any who are struggling, hang in there. You will see results with consistency. 💪🏾💪🏾👍🏾👍🏾👊🏾👊🏾

To all meeting and exceeding their goals, way to go!! Keep it up!!✨🎉🎊👏🏾👏🏾

As always, feel free to add me as a connection on MFP for motivation and support. I do not always comment on everyone's posts, but I will check in weekly and check on you if you are listed on my friends' list and I see that you have been inactive. (If you sent me a request over the past week, please send it again as I had some issues with my app that declined the requests I received). 🤷🏾‍♀️🤷🏾‍♀️🤷🏾‍♀️🤦🏾‍♀️🤦🏾‍♀️🤦🏾‍♀️