S.B.F. Challenge. . . March 5

Options
Starting the thread. . .will check in after teaching this afternoon.

Take care of yourselves, pebbles.:wink::flowerforyou:

Replies

• lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Starting the thread. . .will check in after teaching this afternoon.

Take care of yourselves, pebbles.:wink::flowerforyou:
  • zoepane
    zoepane Posts: 209
    Options
    ok buts whats???? SBF???????????
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    My back/arm are still messed up this morning. It is better. I can move it more, but my right side feels tight. I am going grocery shopping this morning. I may try to get in a walk, or at least running on the wii today. I should go out and work on my car, if I can do anything. I need to take advantage of this gorgeous weather! But I want to be lazy too. :laugh:
    Hope you are all healthy! AD how'd your doc appointment go? Any news on what's causing the pain?

See you all a little later. Have a happy flappy!
    MM
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    ok buts whats???? SBF???????????

Stronger, Better, Faster Challenge. We have fitness goals. We check in everyday - and mostly talk about our day :laugh: and our fitness plans. If you tell other people what you are going to do, or what you did, you are more likely to stick to your goals.

With that in mind:
    Yesterday, no yoga as class was canceled, but I got a walk in instead. Also went to weights and rode my bike on an errand.
    Today I'm walking - and riding my bike on a short errand to pick up my race packet for Saturday! They increased the wind again - I think they are toying with me now. Also, there are smoldering wild fires in the area - yuck! So far, they are no effecting the race route (some people lost their homes though, and that is sad - as well as a restaurant, ironically called the Wild Fire Cafe).
    I also plan on trying a new yoga class today.

Going to have a happy flappy!

Mary
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    OK, I have a few minutes before I leave, so I'll state my intentions:

I've packed my lunch (this is a big issue for me, as I always forget and then get to over-hungry point and eat Indian food at the student center. Delicious, creamy, fatty Indian food)

Drinking my waters today (I've also packed a bottle.)

Going to spinning this evening, between teaching and choir practice. I'll probably have to keep resistance low, but I need to keep my legs moving.

Last night I went to yoga. I had a really difficult practice, as my legs were killing me from working out with the trainer. But, I was really proud of myself that I followed my "just go." rule. So, my intention for next week is to go to yoga on Monday so I can have a day off after the trainer. During all my balancing postures, I had the jelly legs real bad. (they are better today, but still sore. . .hooray working to failure! I made the mistake of saying "is it possible to work out my lower body once a week and still get benefits. . .")

Oh yeah, and to have a happy flappy!:laugh:
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    No idea what it is Melissa. I was putting on a t-shirt for pjs last night and happened to look down and noticed when my arms were up overhead I now have a bump right over the sternum/rib area. I talked to our campus nurse (works in local ER) and we agree I probably did something stupid (nah, not me!!!) yesterday hauling coolers and things around at the lacrosse game. It feels like a strained muscle, and the "mass" isn't in the upper layers of the soft tissue (ie if I pull my breast to the top/side, the mass stays put) so no worries there. And the fact that it's sore is indicative of something more inflammatory like ligaments and intercoastal tissue... At least I can breathe better. The rib thing hurts, but for the first time in months my lungs themselves feel like they're working again! So I'm watching to see how this mass responds the next couple days. I'm sure driving 15 passenger vans all day yesterday didn't help either; all the same muscles in the chest being used constantly...

I didn't get in a formal workout yesterday, but will get on the gazelle tonight. That has gone well this week. Hope you all get to take advantage of the break in the weather... 15 inches of snow here Monday, 70s called for on Saturday; go figure :noway:
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    No idea what it is Melissa. I was putting on a t-shirt for pjs last night and happened to look down and noticed when my arms were up overhead I now have a bump right over the sternum/rib area. I talked to our campus nurse (works in local ER) and we agree I probably did something stupid (nah, not me!!!) yesterday hauling coolers and things around at the lacrosse game. It feels like a strained muscle, and the "mass" isn't in the upper layers of the soft tissue (ie if I pull my breast to the top/side, the mass stays put) so no worries there. And the fact that it's sore is indicative of something more inflammatory like ligaments and intercoastal tissue... At least I can breathe better. The rib thing hurts, but for the first time in months my lungs themselves feel like they're working again! So I'm watching to see how this mass responds the next couple days. I'm sure driving 15 passenger vans all day yesterday didn't help either; all the same muscles in the chest being used constantly...

Ouch! I hope you feel better soon. (but on the upside, glad your lungs are working!)