Newbie- early 20s

Options
Hey all!

I'm a UC Berkeley student and I decided to really buckle down and start getting back to my ideal body, so here I am. I'm tired of feeling uncomfortable when clothes hug me in certain places and I want to be excited when I look in the mirror! I'm especially interested in communicating with people in their early 20s, so feel free to chat with me at any time! My main problem with eating is overindulging, so I really want to work on that (and I LOVE sweets). :)

Replies

• KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm late twenties, but I'll say welcome to MFP anyway! Best of luck with your goals!
  • dizzymiss
    dizzymiss Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    late twenties very nearly 30 (4days)

best of luck. i know how you feel, i have terrible willpower and i'm often better off not sampling things at all as i don't know when to stop when i do.
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm 19 so sending a friend request. :) AWESOME site!
  • hsh0927
    hsh0927 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I turned 21 a few months ago and also looove sweets! You should try the special k 100 calories snacks, they're really good and can help with a sweet tooth. The Fiber One 90 cal brownies and nature valle granola crisps (dark chocloate or pb!) are also very good. Good luck!! :happy:
  • franny_87
    Options
    Hiya. Im also early 20s and have always struggled with my weight. I recently went to see a hypnotherapist and it really seems to have worked. He has basically taught me to be a conscious eater - eat when i'm hungry and stop when i'm full. And sit undestracted and think about what you're eating. I've found i'm eating much less but at the same time don't feel like i'm denying myself anything at all. I also have a sweet tooth but i'm finding i can just have one biscuit now, or even none!
    I would definitely recommend hypnotherapy, but failing that, just sit down and think about what you're eating, chew thoroughly and give your stomach a chance to tell you when it's full. It's not about starving yourself - just come back to it later when you feel hungry again!
    I hope this works :o) Good luck x
  • Jarvis95
    Jarvis95 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    hey everyone! please add me! :) i'm 25, i also tend to overindulge and i LOVE sweets!

i've been eating rice krispy squares, you can get them for 90 cals!!