Deep breath and here I go!

Options
Need to lose 60lbs. I am 56 years old and it just doesn't come off as easily as it used to. Moral support appreciated and will always be reciprocated! Started eating right today and intend to exercise 4 days a week. First goal is just 5lbs. I find it easier to swallow in small increments like this plus it keeps me motivated if I reach that goal to move on to the next.

Thanks!

Replies

• Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Make sure you weigh everything on a food scale. There is no “right” eating. Most people find it much more sustainable to eat what they always did, just in correct portion sizes. If you attempt to restrict yourself, your odds of failure are much higher.
  • bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Take it slow. You likely didn't gain 60 lbs overnight, so don't expect it to be gone within a few weeks or months.

I'm 59 and I too could drop 30lbs in a month or 2 when I was in my 20's and 30's. I always gained it back plus more.

Focus on a few new habits at a time. Log everything you eat and use a food scale. Eye balling may work in the beginning but you'll be surprised when you start weighing things.

Exercise is awesome and I find that doing something extra every day keeps me motivated. Sometimes it's an organized workout..sometimes it's a leisurely walk or bike ride.

Everyone is different in what works for them.

Good luck. I'm rooting for you.
  • fuzbeme
    fuzbeme Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the excellent advice! All of it is appreciated!