Just to vent

Options
I just need to vent for myself as I am having just a very difficult time in loosing weight........I go to aqua fit, I went to gym and walk and I have tracked my food, but when I enter the food I have been over the calories I have been allocated one a couple of days by about 200 or so, so obviously that makes a huge difference and why I woul dhave gained weight (probably about 3 pounds this week) so for my age (51) it appears I have to eat alot less and I don't think I cna eat my exercise calories.....and please don't say to measure myself as my pants/tops are not any looser, and you would think that would kick in but that has not either.......

anyway sorry you have to read this as stepping on that scale has made be very angry and very depressed.....I just wish somehow something would work and I can get on with this journey instead of gaining/loosing the same punds every week!!!

It is a beautiful day out today so I am going to just enjoy it ....fat or not!!!

Replies

• sfalk1977
    sfalk1977 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Keep going and keep the faith! If you keep doing the right things it will come off eventually. I find when I start a new exercise activity, I don't lose for a couple of weeks. I started the 30 day shred and put on two pounds the first week then lost 5lb the week after. It WILL come off!

Sarah
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Just hang in there and keep at it!!
  • wutamunkee
    wutamunkee Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem... yesterday I realized I had lost about 4 pounds and 1.5 inches on my hips after about 3 weeks of no results... I know its tough, just keep going... do you FEEL healthier??
  • Leigh_b
    Leigh_b Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    How long have you been doing this? It takes time to adjust to a new lifestyle.... and it is frustrating when you try so hard and don't seem to get results.
  • Gemini_at_36
    Options
    Since it is a nice day, go for a long walk, enjoy the day. :flowerforyou:
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    200 calories over is not 3 pounds' worth of calories. It's likely water weight, if you truly logged your food and exercise accurately. Depending on how much you're eating and how much you're burning, it might be worthwhile to try eating your exercise calories. If what you're doing isn't working, it's time to try something different, right?
  • aflane
    aflane Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I took a look at your diary, and have some advice, that I hope you'll take into consideration.

Stop using the "Quick Add Calories" option. Take the time to enter the actual items that you're eating. If it's not in the database, ENTER IT!

The reason that I'm saying this, is that the Quick Add Calorie function doesn't add any of the nutrient breakdown of what you're actually eating. Even with the Quick Add Calories, you're near and oftentimes over on the 2500 mg of sodium daily allotment -- ALMOST EVERY DAY. I know that if I go over on sodium, my body starts storing the water, and the scale doesn't move. Also, with that MUCH sodium in your diet, you're really not drinking enough water to flush it out. Another reason for the scale not to move.
  • Benji49
    Benji49 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I get that way too! Been trying to lose this weight it seems like forever. The older I get the harder it gets.

Try not to get discouraged - and that's advice for me and you!
  • cottagegal1
    cottagegal1 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    No I am eating my exercise caloriews already....I think I have to try the opposite and not eat them!
  • aflane
    aflane Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    P.S. Since you're still eating food on the weekends.. LOG IT. You'll be surprised with what you're eating when you're "off the books".

And don't use age as an excuse. You're only 3 yrs older than me.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    It helps to see your food log. That is the best way people can help. Believe me we are all in the same boat so don't by shy about exposing your log. It's fine if you don't want to though.

One thing may be your getting to much sodium in your diet, which would make you retain water more and make you weigh more.

Why so many people talk about ignoring the scale can be summed up in this article,
    http://www.healthdiscovery.net/articles/scale_lies.htm

Don't give up hope, that fact that your here and asking for help is a great sign and shows how serious you are. Keep it up, it will pay off.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    It definitely does get harder to lose as you get older. I'm 50 and a 51 yo coworker and I were talking about this just yesterday. How easy it used to be to stay thin, but now we have to work at it. I glanced at your diary and the only thing I might suggest is less sodium. I didn't see any days that you were over, but most days you were almost to the limit. MFP seems to give the same recommendations regardless of age, but most medical professionals drop the recommendation to 1500 after age 50 because of your naturally slowing metabolism. The weight gain could be water weight from the sodium.

Stick with a healthy plan and your body will eventually have to comply, whether it wants to or not.
  • jperrysunlover
    jperrysunlover Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain! It took me over a year to find the right combination of food, exercise, hormones, etc. to lose the weight! Hang in there! You are doing the right things. Consistency is key and you are making great changes and life choices!

Enjoy the beautiful day!