Not allowing the "old me" to take over

Options
Been having a rough couple of days, I have allowed the old me to creep back in- the old habits were here the old way of eating. I have come to far, to allow myself to fall back into my old ways. I can feel sucha difference in the person I am today, the way I live life, eat, workout. It is amazing how the "old you" can just come back do quickly. I see the signs of it and all I can do now is start again and knnow that it is somthing that I will always have to battle. It has become easier. I must say, I can tell the way I feel when I dont workout or eat right in just 2 days. It is amazing how your body gets trainined and well it feels when you are good to it... so glad that today is a new day and that I am able to start again :)

Replies

• I went to visit my in laws last week and have been battling the old me since then. I think I kicked her but out of here yesterday and am back on track! Good luck!
  • robpett2001
    robpett2001 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Yup, I've been fighting the same battle off and on the last couple of weeks. I had a great workout yesterday, though, and I'll be leaving soon to go have another one. I'm looking at it as building up my string of successes again. And thanks for the reminder that today is always a great day for a new start!
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    First, forgive yourself. I think part of my problem is that when I see myself reverting, I get mad at myself and give up on me. I am working on forgiving myself when I fail and quoting Scarlett Ohara "tomorrow IS another day...." when I see I had more sugar or cholesterol than I'm alloted. This forgiveness thing is new to me, so I hope I can say in the future that it helped. :smile:
  • MyGoodLife
    Options
    You are still an inspiration to me, Jenn! Actually, it helps me to know that even after having lost so much, we are still facing the same battles. Some people on here are harder for me to relate to, like the ones who can't imagine ever going over their calories or go a day without 2 hours of exercise. I don't think I'll ever be one of those people.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I can relate to this - I've had a really stressful time for the last few months and it's been hard to drop my old habits of eating my stress and grief. But the good news is that although there have been some spectacularly bad days, the new good habits have still been in the majority.
    I'm getting close to my goal weight and maintenance now and I'm starting to realise that this is going to be an even bigger challenge than losing the weight.
    MFP is certainly helping me keep my focus - we can do it together!!