"Right Size" Smoothies??

Options
Has anyone ever tried them? :huh:

I often hear their commercial on the radio, just wondering if someone could provide the details on their experience with them?:ohwell:

Replies

• Journeyingascrystal
    Options
    i have wondered about this too.. My thoughts on this is.. SLIM FAST!!! Which did work wonderfully for me! years ago.. and it may be cheaper....
  • daram05
    Options
    Well, I tried it and I ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT! The taste is so good and after drinking the required amount, surprisingly you are full. I didn't order my online or over the phone. If you have a Meijer's Grocery Store in your, you can get all Right Size Smoothie products from there.

NOTE: They did change the flavor a little with the vanilla one (which is the one I loved), so you may want to try the chocolate out!
  • daram05
    Options
    Oh, did I fail to mention that drinking this shake 2 times a day, helped me drop 14lbs? Definitely worth attempting!!!
  • Shell3399
    Shell3399 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am glad to hear this, I will give this a try.
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    You can get the same effect for a lot less money by just buying some good whey protein and making shakes yourself.
    Most of the pre-made stuff is concentrate or lesser proteins and they often have more sugar/carbs than they do protein.
    Whatever you buy pre-made -- read the labels.

My normal homemade protein shake is in a 24oz blender bottle...145 calories, 1g carb, 3g fat, 28g protein
  • LovelySpirit
    Options
    Oh, did I fail to mention that drinking this shake 2 times a day, helped me drop 14lbs? Definitely worth attempting!!!

That's awesome, thank you for sharing that... you can't beat the fact that they offer to let you try it for a trial period. I'm assuming you liked it enough to see the loss ;) Thanks so much.:flowerforyou:
  • Ralstonk2
    Ralstonk2 Posts: 345 Member
    Options

How long did you drink them to lose the 14lbs? And were you exercising with them too? That's awesome!
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    The first few ingredients tell you what you need to know. Yuck... the more I read their website the more annoyed I get. These only have 9g of protein. Huge waste of money.

Ingredients: Soy protein isolate with isoflavones, fructose, safflower oil complex [safflower oil, corn
    syrup solids, sodium caseinate (a milk derivative), dipotassium phosphate, mono and diglycerides,
    lecithin, tocopherols (to help protect flavor), natural flavor, and less than 2% silicon dioxide (anti-caking
    agent)], soy protein concentrate, Fibersol-2® (soluble fiber glucose polymer complex), instant coffee,
    natural & artificial flavors, etc...and another few paragraphs of additives
  • tangal88
    Options
    Just use caution. A search online with terms "Right Sized Smoothie Scam" "Right Sized Smoothie Reviews" "Right Sized Smoothie Complaints" - pulls up lots of negative info concerning the marketing, how they charge your card, and how difficult it can be to stop the Autoship after the trial.

http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/rightsize-smoothies-c208641.html

You can do the same thing with any number of Liquid meal replacement, or Protein Shake products. Much cheaper, and you aren't giving your CC info to an unknown company. There is nothing in their product ingredients that makes it unique or "special". Liquid diets have been around for years, and are not unique.

That type of diet was how Oprah lost some of her weight the first time publicly on TV. (and gained it back quickly). Its a less calories in then you need plan, and you can do the same with real foods as well. But some people do like the convenience of drinking some of their meals.

Some CVS stores also carry the product.
  • LovelySpirit
    Options
    Just use caution. A search online with terms "Right Sized Smoothie Scam" "Right Sized Smoothie Reviews" "Right Sized Smoothie Complaints" - pulls up lots of negative info concerning the marketing, how they charge your card, and how difficult it can be to stop the Autoship after the triel.

http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/rightsize-smoothies-c208641.html

You can do the same thing with any number of Liquid meal replacement, or Protein Shake products. Much cheaper, and you arn't giving your CC info to an unknown company. There is nothing in their product ingrediants that makes it unique or "special". Liquid diets have been around for years, and are not unique.

That was how Oprah lost some of her weight the first time publicly on TV. (and gained it back quickly). Its a less colories in then you need plan, and you can do the same with real foods as well.

Thanks so much Tangal.. we should always use wisdom in this regard, but thanks for the heads up ;)
  • LovelySpirit
    Options
    i have wondered about this too.. My thoughts on this is.. SLIM FAST!!! Which did work wonderfully for me! years ago.. and it may be cheaper....

Thanks Crys.. I believe you're right, I already use the Special K shakes.. and will just use Jillians when I get to the grocery store.
  • tiffany5839
    tiffany5839 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I've tried both Slim fast and Jillian michaels shakes. The reason I buy this one a lot is because I LOVE the taste of the vanilla one and it's quicker to make then mess with my own smoothie. Also I did drop 10 pounds in a month drinking this once a day. I actually enjoy drinking it rather than forcing myself to drink a protein shake to lose weight. You mix a scoop with one cup skim milk and blend with ice. It's about 187 cals total. Sometimes I will add a half a banana or some frozen blueberries. I went from 149lbs to 139lbs. I never get sick of it either! It's not cheap but since I think it tastes so good and I probably wasted more money on junk and fast food in the past, it's worth it to me. I found out about it from my step mom and she's super thin and in shape so I'll take her advice anytime. I buy mine at CVS! It's the only place that sells it without buying it online.