Hello

Options
I told myself that when I lost 10 pounds I would introduce myself. Went to the doctor yesterday and found out my starting weight was more than I thought, so here I am. My name is Linda, I'm 61 years old and tired of being fat.

Replies

• Purvey
    Purvey Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Welcome Linda and congrats on the weight loss! Stick with it.
  • coboneck
    Options
    congratulations on the weight loss. It sounds like it is only the beginning. Good luck and stick with it.
  • vsyates
    vsyates Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Hi Linda! Today is the first day of the rest of your healthier life! Enjoy and welcome :flowerforyou:
  • eatnbetter
    Options
    Welcome Linda!!! You are never to old to get it off!!! You came to the right place!
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Hi Linda! If you want a friend on here, let me know. I'm not as scary as my avatar! I picked this dude for my avatar because of his bad hair day! (My most positive feature is my sense of humor).
    I know what you mean about being tired of being fat, and I know how it feels to weigh more than you think you do. (Shhh... it's a secret, but I could only estimate my weight here because the doctor scale doesn't go that high. How well I check in? I'll worry about that later. My friend recommended this site to me a few days ago, and I jumped on board, even though I'm not sure "all of me" is here. :laugh: )
  • eddiegirll
    Options
    Hello Linda,

Nice meeting you on your journey. This is a fun one in fact, I am so glad to have found MFP and it's free. So sweet!

Congradulations on your 10 lbs. I know how that feels; pretty good. Great you made it. Are you sticking to that or going for more? The reason why I ask is because when you lose the goal weight you have a job to do keeping that weight off. I forget if it was like 6 months, then you've got it made.

Did you take vitamins while you were dieting? I am starting to take some, I picked out more than I took, I didn't want to overdo it. Yesterday I was burping up my fish oil capsule. I am trying to get my cholesterol down naturally without the statin drugs from the dr. Are you familiar with getting one's cholesterol down?

Nice talking to you,
    Eddiegirll
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Welcome Linda!!
  • mewaybright
    mewaybright Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Congraulations on the 10 + pound loss...
  • eddiegirll
    Options
    Hi, nice to see you have jumped on board as well, lots of us just started last week. How great to have you on board. I love it here, this is great support. This is exactly where I am suppose to be, I am working on getting my cholesterol down in a 12 wk. period. I just know it will work without the statin drugs. Pat Robertson on The 700 Club said they weren't good for you. I am enjoying making fresh soup. I don't know how much I lost as my dr won't be in until the 12th, so that gives me something to look forward to. I thought about jumping on a scale at Walmart, but I bought one there last time & it was not accurate as my drs. I am glad to see you here with the rest of us!

Eddiegirll