From 270lbs to 229lbs! And still pushing. What have you achieved also thus far?

Options
remedieigotcha
remedieigotcha Posts: 51 Member
edited December 2020 in Success Stories
Good morning MFPs!! I have finally crossed my 2nd goal!!
I started this weight-loss journey at 270lbs. My 1st goal was to get halfway to 200lbs, which I met at 235lbs. My 2nd goal was to get halfway to my UGW of 190lbs, which I met this morning weighing in at 229lbs! That puts me at 41lbs down!!! I'm so happy, excited, proud and still determined! 🀸🀸🀸
My remaining goals:
3rd goal - weigh in at 200lbs
4th goal - weigh in at 199lbs or less. To see the scale start with a ONE again!!! Omg can't wait.
UGW: 180-190lbs with a body recomp to be FIT

If you don't mind sharing, what are your achievements thus far?

Replies

• StephanieLWS
    StephanieLWS Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    That's so great! I'm happy for you! What an accomplishment. Keep on keepin' on!
  • MeX0100
    MeX0100 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Well, from 15st 2, to 14st 7. That's 212lb to 205 in about a month and a bit for my oversea friends. :)
  • remedieigotcha
    Options
    @StephanieLWS Thank u! πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘πŸΎ
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    That's amazing! Well done!

I started lower than you so my goals have been about getting from 195 lbs to 165 lbs, and I now only have 1lb to go. Like you I was not only looking at the numbers but at the percentage of my loss I had achieved. It really slowed down towards the end, and I have had to look at other stats to show me that I really was still losing. This shows percentage achieved to goal since the last day of May, always based on the most recent day of the month with a weigh-in (so for December it's today). You will see that the last November represented a backtrack from the last day of October: percentage to goal achieved 31 May: 10.5% (after just ten days!); 30 June: 30.8%; 31 July: 42.9%; 31 August: 62.4; 30 September 75.9%; 31 October: 90.2%; 30 November 88.7%; 10 December 96.2%. However, my average for October was 77.81kg and for November 76.67kg. I say this just as a reminder that it can be useful to look a range of measures, and don't forget those NSVs, especially if (when!) you reach a plateau. Good luck!
  • remedieigotcha
    Options
    @charmmeth Wow, u did that! Congratulations on your accomplishments. You're right there so I know you'll reach your goal πŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎ
  • hmacneil56
    hmacneil56 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    @remedieigotcha. You are doing so great! congratulations! My goal is to lose weight to get my blood sugar down. I've lost 6lbs, but most importantly, I'm eating healthier food.
  • SSDirk
    SSDirk Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Keep on rocking and staying an inspiration for the rest of us...May you hit every goal you wanna hit
  • remedieigotcha
    Options
    @SSDirk Aww thank u! πŸ˜πŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎ
  • sedj241
    sedj241 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    @remedieigotcha, great work! I went from 220~230 to 157 (current). Figured out how to eat and live!
  • remedieigotcha
    edited December 2020
    Options
    @hmacneil56 and @sedj241 thank u! πŸ˜πŸ‘πŸΎ Keep up the good work also!
  • mk820820
    mk820820 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Went from 244 to146. Only lost 8# in the last 3 months. I do want to hit 100# lost.
  • Sand_TIger
    Sand_TIger Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Great accomplishment already and also kudos to everybody else on this thread. :) I feel as if I have a long way to go but really I'm a little more than two thirds there. I've lost about 80 pounds and gained in strength, over the course of the last eleven months. I started with a goal weight of 150, starting at 245. Now I think 130-140 would be more appropriate at 5'3", with these little bones I have, but that weight would leave some room for muscle growth. I want to be strong and fit, not just smaller!

Right now I'm in the middle of a slight setback but I'm not too worried about it. (The biggest issue is, at 163 pounds, my maintenance calories are only 1600, I don't have the patience for a lot of cardio, and this time of year I really don't want to have to deal with a big deficit! So I'll settle for slow losses balanced with enjoyment.)

Keep it up everyone! We've got this!
  • changing_4_life
    changing_4_life Posts: 5 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    my highest ever was 312, currently 242
    its taking me time, b/c I haven't' been as committed as I should be, I would lose10-20 pounds then maintain that for months, rinse, repeat but after really thinking about it, I am ok with that, b/c it means I will more likely stick with it this time , I'm 3 pounds from my end of the year goal , then next year, I am aiming to hit 180, I will reevaluate from there

ETA: I haven't tracked it all here, im also on lose it
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!