A good problem to have but HELP PLEASE!!

Options
2»

Replies

• duqtape
    duqtape Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Beer. And lots of it.

I also agree with this. It is Friday.
  • nat102
    nat102 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    you could always spread these exercise calories out to tmw... when i was playing water polo tournys burning 5000 cal a day i couldn't eat it all in one day but the next day i would feel totally STARVED and eat extra cals then
  • alyssamiller77
    alyssamiller77 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the help and ideas guys. The only reason I'm really worried about getting close to that number is that I've hit goal and am trying to slowly turn my body toward maintenance mode. I'm also trying to be real careful about the sugars and such (although I do kind of buy into the idea that fruit sugars really aren't an enemy). I'll definitely hit the nuts and I hadn't thought about Chocolate Milk (that's actually one of my favorite recovery drinks too!!). Might even work in the regular chocolate idea as well and will definitely look through the dinner ideas and see what I can make work tonight.

I also admit I didn't really look back at all the numbers after I entered the calories for my games tonight. The added fats and protein (since it's based on percentage) make me feel a lot better now. They were looking at lot worse before I put those other exercise calories in.

And yeah I think 3600+ is probably the highest calorie goal I've had since I started on MFP. Each soccer game averages somewhere between 3-7 miles of running based on most estimates and I used the conservative numbers from MFP (there are two options) when I calculated. Like I said, ultimately a good problem to have.

Again I appreciate the ideas and help folks!!!
  • SoCalSwimmerDude
    SoCalSwimmerDude Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    2 cups of brown rice, 1/2 cup of black beans, tablespoon of olive oil, and a few veggies. Thats easily a 6-700+ meal and all of it is good for you:)
  • alyssamiller77
    alyssamiller77 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    Thanks again everyone, I ended up deciding to use yesterday as a splurge day. Still came in 600+ cal under and under on everything else except sodium and fat. The sodium I'm ok with as by body was apparently running deficient anyway (got some serious leg cramps just before the end of the second game) and the fats... well only my totals were over, I was under on saturated and a lot of the total was polys and monos from the cashews and stuff I had earlier. So i'm comfortable with that. Now what did I sell my soul to the devil to have on this day? Buffalo wings, one of my faves that I haven't had since June. :).

So just wanted you all to know (in case anyone came back and looked), I wasn't ignoring your suggestions and I do value and appreciate your assistance. I just had a change of heart and decided I could be a little "naughty".
  • xarra
    xarra Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'm under by ~500 today (even with ice cream and Nutella)... But then I slept for most of the day, and not sure shoving food into me just because has any point... No nuts in the house either... :/
  • Simomofmich
    Simomofmich Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I;m amazed you aren't starving! I'm sure you can put it right over a few days, so I wouldn't worry overmuch. In the short term however, if I have a big deficit I just stuff myself with low bulk/high calorie food like nuts. Over 70% dark chocolate is nother good one (believe it or not)

Where is this blog please?