Christmas called in the UK

Options
Shout out to everyone else in the UK coping with the crappy news from yesterday. Not disagreeing with the seriousness of the situation, but the government should not have promised Christmas time and again then changed their mind at this short notice. Would have been better to tell us all they would make a decision nearer the time. I won’t forget the sound of my elderly mother sobbing her heart out on the phone last night as she realised she can’t see us. Not cool Boris.

Replies

• ExpressoLove11
    ExpressoLove11 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your mum - it certainly is tough for those of us in Tier 4, especially as it was so sudden. Hope you manage to enjoy the day as best you can.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    It is disheartening. So sorry for your pain❤️

If I understand it correctly, it’s due to the discovery of a more contagious strain.

Sadness of 2020🥲
  • claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,387 Member
    Options
    I wrote a long rant and deleted it. There’s no point!
  • ExpressoLove11
    ExpressoLove11 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    It is only tier 4 who can't have people round. If you are tier 2 and she is tier 1 then you are still allowed to see each other on Christmas day but Christmas day only.
  • claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,387 Member
    Options
    kerrym1980 wrote: »
    Hard to see how we're not going back into full lockdown after Christmas really, which makes such a sudden, last minute change so much harder to accept.

Might be a daft suggestion but could you go to your parents for the day? No doubt you've already considered it.
    yeah issues mean I can’t, and it’s more about the fact that my outgoing mum has been sensibly shielding and just thought she might get a taste of normality. It sucks for everyone, I know that.

• missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    I can relate a bit. Between 2/23/20 to 5/10/20 I couldn’t see my daughter. My only child. Pre-covid, she came to visit every week. We missed our second Easter of her life. Ironically, she was in England the first Easter we missed being together, attending a semester of college abroad. As I finished my gift wrapping today, in the back of my mind I was thinking how quickly things could change. I feel a little guilty. It could very easily happen here.

Hug those that you can. If you’re alone contact your loved ones and let them know how much you care. We really are all in this together.
This discussion has been closed.